Family First Life Vs. Equis Financial

I am not a recruiter, but I am very knowledgeable in statistics. and if you wants actual solid numbers, I will try to get them for you tomorrow but I can tell you as a very new company, only 5 years old... For the amount of agents we have which is probably 30% of some of the largest agencies Insurance companies in the country... We put out higher volume with 2,500 agents then some well known insurance companies or IMOs with 30,000 agents. We are contracted with 15 of the most reputable insurance carriers in the United States, along with 3 highly respected Investment Companies. With confidence due to a very unique business model, Famil First Life will be the number one IMO by 2025. We are growing extremely fast, with more and more agents from Equis, Symmetry, Primerica, TransAmerica etc. joining us every week. For example, we contracted 30 agents just last week on my team (One team of over 30 in the country.

245px-Kool-Aid_Man.png

I am a producer, and an agency owner.

Family First Life starts unlicensed agents out at between 80-100% commission. Licensed agents that come over from another insurance company or IMO can start between 100-120%.

That's why I stated, we have the highest comps in the industry. And even at 3 years, I have learned a lot about all of our competitors. I do my homework... And I wasn't a USAF Intelligence Officer just for my good looks.

I too was in the AF. I can tell you, I've met some pretty smart folks in the Intelligence community. I've also met some that are about as dumb as a box of rocks as well! (Not a lick of common sense).

So, why am I bringing this up? Because you are so wrong about having the highest comp in the industry. Not only that, but all the companies you compared yourself to are MLM companies or at least captive organizations. So yeah, you might beat them out, but using them as a base for your comparison is setting the bar low to begin with.

Like Wino said....you don't know what you don't know......even when you THINK you've studied it all out there!

am not a recruiter

I must have missed understood your 'team' statement. You just sounded like you were recruiting.

if you wants actual solid numbers, I will try to get them for you tomorrow

No need. I am not in competition with anyone. I am a team of one. I don't see the value of being captive independent.

Many of these guys have been where you are. Show us what you know, don't tell us. I hope you stick around and contribute to the forum. The IMOs that have responded in this thread and several others have people contacting them for contracts because they see value in them.

Good luck.

Lee

I'd like to put out an imperative piece of information.

Out of every single IMO and insurance company in the entire country, family first life is the only company that does not force you to sign a contract. Meaning if you think that the grass is greener at a different company, you have no non-compete restrictions. The majority of your companies that you guys work with have this, and you would not be able to sell for the same insurance carriers that you are contracted with for 24 months. Two of the agents I work with are currently dealing with that BS. And that is a testament to the main business mindset of the company. They would rather "persuade" you to stay under duress and SUE you if you decided to leave then let you leave and go to another company that might be a better fit for you and your family. That's just morally warped.

Tell me one other company that starts their agents at 120%.

I'd like to put out an imperative piece of information.

Out of every single IMO and insurance company in the entire country, family first life is the only company that does not force you to sign a contract. Meaning if you think that the grass is greener at a different company, you have no non-compete restrictions. The majority of your companies that you guys work with have this, and you would not be able to sell for the same insurance carriers that you are contracted with for 24 months. Two of the agents I work with are currently dealing with that BS. And that is a testament to the main business mindset of the company. They would rather "persuade" you to stay under duress and SUE you if you decided to leave then let you leave and go to another company that might be a better fit for you and your family. That's just morally warped.

Tell me one other company that starts their agents at 120%.
I have never signed a contract with an IMO so that kind of says you don't know what you are talking about.. BTW, lest you think I might be a newbie, I have been selling insurance since 1971 so I have worked with several IMOs/FMOs/MGAs, etc. over the years.

You keep referring to FFL as if they are an insurance company.. They aren't.. Are you saying you get 120% on all products with every company you pace business with? There are IMOs that participate on the forum that give 120%+ with selected companies on selected products without any evidence of production.. The independent IMOs also give immediate releases.. Don't know of any that require an agent to sit out 24 months before re-contracting with a company.. not even the captives.

Last edited:
I am a producer, and an agency owner.

Family First Life starts unlicensed agents out at between 80-100% commission. Licensed agents that come over from another insurance company or IMO can start between 100-120%.

That's why I stated, we have the highest comps in the industry. And even at 3 years, I have learned a lot about all of our competitors. I do my homework... And I wasn't a USAF Intelligence Officer just for my good looks.
As an Air Force EM, the words "intelligence" and "Officer" should never be used in the same sentence! ;)

I have never signed a contract with an IMO so that kind of says you don't know what you are talking about.. BTW, lest you think I might be a newbie, I have been selling insurance since 1971 so I have worked with several IMOs/FMOs/MGAs, etc. over the years.

You keep referring to FFL as if they are an insurance company.. They aren't.. Are you saying you get 120% on all products with every company you pace business with? There are IMOs that participate on the forum that give 120%+ with selected companies on selected products without any evidence of production.. The independent IMOs also give immediate releases.. Don't know of any that require an agent to sit out 24 months before re-contracting with a company.. not even the captives.

No, Family First Life is an IMO and THROUGH the company itself... That's where we start agents at 100-120%. Vice Presidents bump up to 140%.

Name one IMO that starts their agents at 120%.

FEX Contracting

They are limited to Final Expense...FFL works with FE, Mortgage Protection, Traditional Term, Universal Life, Index Universal Life, Medical Supplement, and Retirement/Investments. Apples to Pinapples. Much more diverse.

Find out what the average agent over there makes a year, the average FFL agent makes $97,000 a year.

Limited to Final Expense...FFL works with FE, Mortgage Protection, Traditional Term, Universal Life, Index Universal Life, Medical Supplement, and Retirement/Investments. Apples to Pinapples.

Find out what the average agent over there makes a year, the average FFL agent makes $97,000 a year.
And, you are claiming that each of those products pays 120% through FFL? :skeptical:

Back