Fax Your Way to a Fortune

Forget about faxing your way to a fortune. The laws have changed a lot time ago and you will only end up with a fine and in trouble doing it.

Unless they keep them and turn around and decide to try and sue you for the junk faxes.
I had subscribed to a fax service back in 2000, that would add my ads to their fax service of subscribed customers. I was successfully sued by an attorney who would go after unsolicited faxes on behalf of his clients.
The fax service could not produce the written permission, and the attorney not only sued the fax service, but all the advertisers as well.
fortunately for me, the statute of limitations ran out on all but 2 charges, for which my insurance company settled for $2000.
stay away from faxing ads! it is illegal, you can be easily caught. been there---- done that!

I had subscribed to a fax service back in 2000, that would add my ads to their fax service of subscribed customers. I was successfully sued by an attorney who would go after unsolicited faxes on behalf of his clients.
The fax service could not produce the written permission, and the attorney not only sued the fax service, but all the advertisers as well.
fortunately for me, the statute of limitations ran out on all but 2 charges, for which my insurance company settled for $2000.
stay away from faxing ads! it is illegal, you can be easily caught. been there---- done that!

Is it illegal if you ask for their fax number first?

Call get the business owner on the line.
Tell him you just wanted his fax # to send a free
quote over that you help business owners get
their premiums reduced and that as a small business
owner you know saving money means making more money.

They will glady give you the fax thinking they can get rid of you.
You then ask a few questions "saying ok just a couple questions
and I will get out of your hair here" Find out who they are with
how much they pay, health etc if you need to shop it if your indie fax something better....call back next day and set a 15 minute drop by....

I should have charged for that

Obviously the fax machine is not the point of this cold call script, it is just a little pixie dust (which we have all used at one time or another) to get the call past the initial resistance point.

I think that if an agent is having trouble keeping people on the phone long enough to get anywhere, it would be worth a shot.

The reasons this dude is getting beat down are:

1. The thread title would be better used for an infomercial system.

2. He is obviously a little overly impressed with his fax gambit.

Otherwise let up on him, i'm sure that this method has helped increase his business and just wanted to share his excitement.

I agree, a great way is to fax, then call, then meet in person. I work for APPS which is a paramedical company. I live in the NEPA PA area and I am the Director for 18 counties. This is how I actually meet with Insurance agents.
Its called getting to know the owner, sometimes being too pushy is an offset to anyone. They gain trust in you by selling your self first then show them what you can do.

Since I am the Director for APPS and have employees who do the exams for many insurance companies, I am putting trust in them, however the agent is putting trust in me first.
:)

Back