FE Mailer I Created With Results

I used something similar several years ago except without the call in number. The lead piece went into great detail and mentioned having a bank account and to only send in the card with the understanding that you wanted to speak to an agent about this.

The leads I did get back were great leads but the most I got back from a 1000 piece mailer was 3. It just wasn't feasible to continue.

There is a reason that the regular ole FE mailer is still used by most agents and mail houses, it works and is cost effective.

Without it being said, anyone's free to "steal" my copy and make their own version without hard feelings.

All in the spirit of giving.

I would say that if one undertakes a custom piece like this, you need to (a) have the copywriting know-how first-and-foremost, and (b) have the financial ability to swallow the odds the piece will be a failure, or breakeven with little or no profits.

I would recommend you to work the generics for a while, learn how to sell in print, and be prepared to invest -- and lose -- about $5,000 on a mail drop to come to a firm conclusion whether or not your marketing piece is the Golden Goose.

If you're not? Stick with the fundamentals, ala $255 Gub'ment Mailer.

Love to compare notes with you as we are working on something similar with an interactive voice response system that will also connect to a live person.

If we can improve upon your results, we may be able to share our numbers with everyone so they may also benefit from this prospecting method.

I used something similar several years ago except without the call in number. The lead piece went into great detail and mentioned having a bank account and to only send in the card with the understanding that you wanted to speak to an agent about this.

The leads I did get back were great leads but the most I got back from a 1000 piece mailer was 3. It just wasn't feasible to continue.

There is a reason that the regular ole FE mailer is still used by most agents and mail houses, it works and is cost effective.

There are definite ways to increase responses. One is to Personalize the postcard by printing the name of the prospect on both sides of the card in KEY message/points areas. Using both Web data capture and toll free phone number with interactive responses to obtain a Free Report or other method of gaining interest as long as it is free.

Another is to use a PURL (personal URL) in the postcard. The curiosity of seeing their name in a URL is very powerful and seeing their name all over the splash page is also a bonus. Sure you get some looky loos, but overall response rate is pretty high.

Any experience anyone has in this method, I would appreciate your feedback. As we are not a lead house, our interest in producing a quality lead for agents is a bit more genuine.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Yup, be happy to help.

I love marketing and direct mail creation as much as I love selling insurance.

Great, I will be in touch Dave.

Last edited:
I don't have to fool with that crap anymore, thank God!! I tell Ryan at EFES how many leads I want for the next week and bam! They are in my box on Sat. morn. I don't have to be concerned about the return % or whether it was sent first class or not. All I have to do turn on or off the spigot.

I don't have to fool with that crap anymore, thank God!! I tell Ryan at EFES how many leads I want for the next week and bam! They are in my box on Sat. morn. I don't have to be concerned about the return % or whether it was sent first class or not. All I have to do turn on or off the spigot.

Ahhh the perfect world. I on the other hand am a guy like Ryan and have all the pressures to fill my producers boxes too.

Believe me, I know how much you appreciate the service you receive at EFES. We try to do the same.

Why any agent would want this pressure to produce leads is beyond my capable mental abilities.

You enjoy doing it or are a control freak.

The last thing I'd ever do again is outsource my prospecting. That's the ONE thing you need to have your hands on as much as possible.

You enjoy doing it or are a control freak.

The last thing I'd ever do again is outsource my prospecting. That's the ONE thing you need to have your hands on as much as possible.

I'm just the opposite. I hope I never have to go back to doing my own mailers.

The day may come where I have to but I am not looking forward to that day.

posted by JDeasy

"I don't have to fool with that crap anymore, thank God!! I tell Ryan at EFES how many leads I want for the next week and bam! They are in my box on Sat. morn. I don't have to be concerned about the return % or whether it was sent first class or not. All I have to do turn on or off the spigot."

Hey JD,

I don't understand how the number of leads you choose to get for any given week can happen that fast if your using mailers. Do they have a bunch of excess leads sitting around in your area? Are you working old lead cars as well as new? I have worked mailers and from the time the order was placed it took several weeks for them to come in and even then they came in very randomly?

What am I missing?

Back