Feeling hopeless

What company do you work for? What product are you pitching? Are your leads for final expense? Medicare? Mortgage ins?
Liberty National. I do Life, Health, and AD&D. Company has been doing a lot of cancer policies in our area of late, with some accident policies as well.

I have tried inquiring with friends and family about life, health, and AD&D insurance but all of them said they are already happy with what they have, or can’t afford it. So that’s left me with leads to follow, some of which I’ve gotten through services, others through our company. Sadly most of these leads are either not interested, uninsurable, or the address and numbers listed are bad. And I’ve been cussed out quite a few times on calls and knocking on their doors.

Your #1 problem: You're pitching products before identifying the problems to be solved.

Sell-Quote.png

If you come up to me and say "I sell life insurance" - a few things are going to happen:
1) You are relying upon MY understanding of what life insurance is and does to substantiate your value proposition.
2) Because of that, it's easy to tell you that "I already have insurance" or "I don't need any more" or whatever.

The same thing will happen if you say "I sell insurance for Liberty National". Again, you'll be relying upon my understanding of who Liberty National is and does, and it's easy to deflect that.

The same thing will happen if you say "I am a CFP'. (Many people think that designations will help them solve marketing problems; education is always good, but it won't solve the marketing problem.) Again, you'll be relying upon what *I* think a CFP is and does.

I'm going to give you my "standard prescription" that I normally give. The good news for you... is that this prescription has very little costs.

1) My prospecting coach is Sid Walker. He has his site www.sellingwithoutwrestling.com with all the audios there available for FREE! Download them and listen to them. Read his articles. You'll get a far better sense of how to prospect, how to present yourself and your services with sincerity, genuineness, and authenticity.

2) If you want to learn to sell permanent life insurance and annuities, I recommend checking out www.insuranceproshop.com. Sign up for their members only site for only $30/month and you'll get a TON of high quality video training content. Yes, it's GOOD! If you want to buy a "tool kit system", call them up and determine which will make the most sense for you. At this stage, the Mortgage Insurance Tool Kit would probably be best. But you've got to have the online training to make the tool kit really work. Without it, you have half a system.

Even if that's not your intention, if you can do a better job of fact-finding before presenting term life insurance or even AD&D... it'll make the membership well worth it.

3) Referral training: I highly recommend Sandy Schussel's Mastering Client Referrals course. It's only $37 for an instant download.

www.sandyschussel.com/products

If you put these elements together, you'll have the foundation of a decent career and for not a lot of money out of your pocket. Let's see: Free + $30/month + $37 one time + optional $600 selling system = not bad!

You might find some more links and ideas here: https://insurance-forums.com/community/threads/guidance-for-new-life-agents.29999/

Liberty National used to be a good company when they were still running debits. But it seems they may have lost sight of helping agents establish themselves in a career.

With what you've learned so far, though, you shouldn't have too much difficulty transitioning into Final Expense. You just need a good IMO to train you better. Read through some of the threads in the Final Expense forum to see if that appeals to you. There are several good FE managers contributing on there, so you may find a better situation with one of them.

Just curious though. Most of the Liberty Bankers agents where I live are prospecting by cold door knocking. But it seems like LN used to have a strong presence in Alabama. If so, there should be loads of existing clients. Have they assigned you a book of business?

Bad experiences emcee with them?
Liberty National is the company that created Torchmark after they bought Globe Life and United American. I was captive with Globe and saw them change them...not for the good. You should research LN. Very shady past with lawsuits, from screwing policyholders. :yes:

Liberty National is the company that created Torchmark after they bought Globe Life and United American. I was captive with Globe and saw them change them...not for the good. You should research LN. Very shady past with lawsuits, from screwing policyholders. :yes:
Liberty National existed long before that. They have been around for over 100 years.

Hi, new to the site here. I have been a life insurance agent since May, yet I have only been able to write two introductory offer policies that are free for the first year, and just one actual sale, which was a modified benefit life policy. I am starting to feel really hopeless out there.

I have tried inquiring with friends and family about life, health, and AD&D insurance but all of them said they are already happy with what they have, or can’t afford it. So that’s left me with leads to follow, some of which I’ve gotten through services, others through our company. Sadly most of these leads are either not interested, uninsurable, or the address and numbers listed are bad. And I’ve been cussed out quite a few times on calls and knocking on their doors.

It’s frustrating because not only do I wish to do well for myself, but I also want to do well for the company and my superiors, as it is, I feel like I am letting them down.

Anyone else been in this situation? How long did it take to sell/write your first policy? I’m honestly surprised they haven’t let me go yet for my failure thus far.

Have you ever read, Frank Bettger's book, "How I Raised Myself From Failure to Success In Selling"?

Selling is a mindset... and in this age of digital this and that, we often forget that if the head isn't in the game... you'll loose. It always boils down to people talking with each other and finding solutions to perceived issues... less about selling and more about listening...:yes:

We used to call it a check up from the neck up... and when you are in a mind funk and a sales slump... its time to get back to basics... been there many times myself... beg, borrow or steal... get a copy of that book and makes notes all over it... you will be glad you did... I was. ;)

Back