Feeling hopeless

Your #1 problem: You're pitching products before identifying the problems to be solved.

Sell-Quote.png

If you come up to me and say "I sell life insurance" - a few things are going to happen:
1) You are relying upon MY understanding of what life insurance is and does to substantiate your value proposition.
2) Because of that, it's easy to tell you that "I already have insurance" or "I don't need any more" or whatever.

The same thing will happen if you say "I sell insurance for Liberty National". Again, you'll be relying upon my understanding of who Liberty National is and does, and it's easy to deflect that.

The same thing will happen if you say "I am a CFP'. (Many people think that designations will help them solve marketing problems; education is always good, but it won't solve the marketing problem.) Again, you'll be relying upon what *I* think a CFP is and does.

I'm going to give you my "standard prescription" that I normally give. The good news for you... is that this prescription has very little costs.

1) My prospecting coach is Sid Walker. He has his site www.sellingwithoutwrestling.com with all the audios there available for FREE! Download them and listen to them. Read his articles. You'll get a far better sense of how to prospect, how to present yourself and your services with sincerity, genuineness, and authenticity.

2) If you want to learn to sell permanent life insurance and annuities, I recommend checking out www.insuranceproshop.com. Sign up for their members only site for only $30/month and you'll get a TON of high quality video training content. Yes, it's GOOD! If you want to buy a "tool kit system", call them up and determine which will make the most sense for you. At this stage, the Mortgage Insurance Tool Kit would probably be best. But you've got to have the online training to make the tool kit really work. Without it, you have half a system.

Even if that's not your intention, if you can do a better job of fact-finding before presenting term life insurance or even AD&D... it'll make the membership well worth it.

3) Referral training: I highly recommend Sandy Schussel's Mastering Client Referrals course. It's only $37 for an instant download.

www.sandyschussel.com/products

If you put these elements together, you'll have the foundation of a decent career and for not a lot of money out of your pocket. Let's see: Free + $30/month + $37 one time + optional $600 selling system = not bad!

You might find some more links and ideas here: https://insurance-forums.com/community/threads/guidance-for-new-life-agents.29999/

GOLD.

I'll expand.

- Sell the problem.
- Sell the consequences of the problem.
- Sell the huge risk the person is taking by not mitigating the problem.
- Go through possible solutions, from bad to good.
- Sell the problem of the bad solutions too. The bad consequences of the bad solutions.
- Then get to the good solution; the product you're selling.
- Sell the good solution as the most logical.
- Sell the good solution as providing the most emotional benefits.​

You're not selling a "thing" like a physical product. You're selling something non-physical that provides a benefit. Sell the problem first. And sell the consequences of not solving the problem.

The person may not even be aware of the problem and the consequences. They don't know how much risk they're taking by not solving the problem.

Then go through the possible solutions to the problem, from bad to good. The good solution is the product you're selling.

The product will sell it self in this process because it was presented as a logical (and emotional) solution to a problem.

But keep in mind... people rarely purchase because of logic... insurance is mostly emotional...

We are just a conduit to the feelings of the client... helping them see the need and feel the risk and the results of that risk if left unresolved...

Keep in mind here that I sell FE for the most part...:wubclub: so I'm a little special... :goofy:

But keep in mind... people rarely purchase because of logic... insurance is mostly emotional...

We are just a conduit to the feelings of the client... helping them see the need and feel the risk and the results of that risk if left unresolved...

Keep in mind here that I sell FE for the most part...:wubclub: so I'm a little special... :goofy:

I mentioned the emotional side. Do both because you don't know how the person is.

If the person has more of an "engineer" mentality, then emotions won't work, only logic. These people are analytical to a fault.
If the person doesn't have an "engineer" mentality, then emotions work.

So do both just in case.

By also presenting the information in a comprehensive manner, you're also showing the prospect that you know what you're doing.

If the person has more of an "engineer" mentality, then emotions won't work, only logic. These people are analytical to a fault.

Strangely enough, engineers are not devoid of emotion. They are afraid of making a mistake and "being sold". (They never want to admit to anyone that "they got taken" or anything like that.)

They DO want to satisfy their needs on an emotional level, but they'll "play their cards close to the vest" until you demonstrate that you know what you're talking about and you do have their best interests in mind behind your advice and recommendations.

Stephen R. Covey's 5th Habit: Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

Once you understand your product in and out - including and especially the problems it can help solve, and you understand your prospect's needs - including the need to be able to trust you through your details and understanding how they make decisions... the sale is almost immediate. Engineers are not easy to build a trusting relationship with, and they do not give their trust easily... but they do to those who have demonstrated that they are trustworthy.

I had a mentor tell me, if you can figure out a lead system, you'll do just fine. There are lots of different types of leads systems out there. You can buy them, you can earn them, you can create them (nothing better than FREE LEADS). The key is to develop a lead funnel and keep filling it! Good luck!

I had a mentor tell me, if you can figure out a lead system, you'll do just fine. There are lots of different types of leads systems out there. You can buy them, you can earn them, you can create them (nothing better than FREE LEADS). The key is to develop a lead funnel and keep filling it! Good luck!

You should focus on spamming a few more threads man. 6 isn't enough . . .

Back