Final Expense Facebook Leads

Have you tried to generate your own Facebook leads?

• Yes

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • No

Votes: 21 37.5%
  • Yes and I have bought them from a lead vendor

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • No but I have bought them from a lead vendor

Votes: 14 25.0%

• Total voters
"It's OK mam, I understand your probably busy, but did you know the FL state insurance law changed and an agent can now give you upto $120 just for viewing a presentation, with no obligation..... do you have 5 min or so?"

What black magic is this?

I don’t know, but if someone got in my door by suggesting I could get “up to” a certain amount of money, you can be sure they would pay me every penny whether I bought or not. A lousy $5 Walmart card would just tick me off!
Yeah.. You tell me that you can give me up to $120 just to listen to the presentation, if I let you in the house I am expecting $120.00

Cmon guys, do you really think I'm going to allow her or them to get ticked off when I'm trying to win them over and gain trust?
I think you know better.... A salesmen never paints himself in a corner.. It's all how you handle (SELL) the concept. Its not about being scammy.
The larger point was, "pull all weapons out and be ready to fire to win the battle at the door." The "new law" weapon is just one, there are many to help get the prospects attention in order to engage.

What do you consider newer? And how is older in the business relevant to today's business environment?

Thanks
Winoblues,
You seem to have been around awhile, if you have then I also would believe you may understand its not about age or time. It's more about size or numbers.
Size as in: your active book, the closes and what it took to get there, maybe the book of the ones that got away and what was learned from each (very valuable). How many leads have been run, how many doors slammed, how many No's you could not get past? If you have been in the business for a while then you can remember how different you may handle things compared to when you were newer in the business and how your understanding or focus shifts or the how your efficiency to the close becomes a way of life.

As for your other question "current biz environment", This business doesn't change much at all. Sure there are blips here or there at times, the tools to engage change but in the end its all about the same as it ever was... Make your presentation, make your best close then rinse and repeat.

My very first manager told me to look at the leader board one day after I posed a similar question to him. He then said, "The guys at the top are the ones that wore out the most shoes." Of course he was speaking of ACTIVITY and not shoe soles. I never forgot it, it's true today and it always will be.

But what is this new law only you know about?

Who said, "only I knew about it?" Please save your shots for when they may work. Apparently the state legislature knows about it, FL Dept. Of Insurance knows of it and I'm sure agents that keep up with the laws that may have an impact on their business know of it.

Sorry I did not catch my typo. It is not $120. It's $100. It became effective July 1, 2018.
Section 626.954(1)(m) of the Florida Statutes (google it or use the link below and scroll to the statute number.)

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

Last edited:
I have worked FL leads all of my career and this state is tough especially the panhandle. He may have to rebate to get sales because door knocking can be brutal.

Cmon guys, do you really think I'm going to allow her or them to get ticked off when I'm trying to win them over and gain trust?
I think you know better.... A salesmen never paints himself in a corner.. It's all how you handle (SELL) the concept. Its not about being scammy.
The larger point was, "pull all weapons out and be ready to fire to win the battle at the door." The "new law" weapon is just one, there are many to help get the prospects attention in order to engage.
You might not paint yourself into a corner but some of the clients are pretty darn good when it comes to using a brush.

Back