Final Expense or Mortage Protection?

You just verified that I am correct. You just admitted that you're averaging $41 per lead! So no, you are not paying $41 per lead like you first said. Like I said, that combination is unprecedented!

Verified what Agent Guy. There is a cost factor for me to do my own mailings...my average lead cost is $41.00.

That combination exist...what make you the judge and jury?

With 3k a month on leads I’d easily do 25K of FE, with renewals I wouldn’t get on Term. Still looking for a reason besides less roachs and cat pee to change.

With 3k a month on leads I’d easily do 25K of FE, with renewals I wouldn’t get on Term. Still looking for a reason besides less roachs and cat pee to change.

Agreed, some of you guys do an amazing job on FE. I tried it and it was not for me.

I just find it much easier to call and have set appointments...a lot less running around for me. They have checking accounts and yes the homes are much cleaner on average.

Actually around 90%, I confirm them the day before.

I'm gonna have to agree with Doug here. Your story is a little fishy to me.

You have contracts that no MP IMO gives out off the start, in just a few weeks, you've mastered direct mail lead acquisition with unprecedented returns, you're setting appointments at a higher percentage than anybody in the industry and it was less than 3 months ago that you were inquiring to which vertical was better, FE or MP.

I'm not saying you're being untruthful, but I'd check your backside and make sure your pants aren't on fire :D

Verified what Agent Guy. There is a cost factor for me to do my own mailings...my average lead cost is $41.00.

That combination exist...what make you the judge and jury?

You seem to be missing the point. You are not buying MP leads for $41 from a vendor, but generating your own. Those leads would cost over $50 each if purchased from a vendor as there would be a markup for their costs and profit.

That is what AgentGuy5 is talking about. You aren't purchasing leads at a fixed price for that amount AND getting the comp you're getting. You're getting the comp and generating your own leads, perhaps with a lead card supplied by the IMO.

I'm gonna have to agree with Doug here. Your story is a little fishy to me.

You have contracts that no MP IMO gives out off the start, in just a few weeks, you've mastered direct mail lead acquisition with unprecedented returns, you're setting appointments at a higher percentage than anybody in the industry and it was less than 3 months ago that you were inquiring to which vertical was better, FE or MP.

I'm not saying you're being untruthful, but I'd check your backside and make sure your pants aren't on fire :D

Well here's thread I started back in June 2017, where you can see I do have experience in Mortgage Protection. SO NO PANTS ON FIRE HERE :)

Contracts level are true at 110-120% and my lead cost is averaging $41.00.

Just went out today on 3 pre-set MP appointments and wrote $3744 in premium. Total for the week was $8,095. I just prefer MP over FE for myself, maybe it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks, I'm just glad MP is working out for me.

My post from June 2017...

I would like start off thanking some of the regular participants...for some great info!

I'm going back into the field after a 8 year lay-off. I sold in the Mortgage Protection Market for 7 years, running up to 20 appointments a week on average. With the mortgage cash in 2008, I went off in a different direction. I'm going to give it a shot in the FE marketplace...:err:

Looking for a realistic goals and expectations on conversion rate, return rate as well as income goals.

Marketing Plan:
- Mailing 3,000 mailers a week.
- Cost factor of 375.00 per thousand.
- Contract levels are at 120% level on most carriers.
- Experienced appointment setter and I will be "Door Knockin"
- In the field 5 days a week.

My filtered data:
- Income 20K-50K
- Ages 61-76
- Women only (live in South Jersey/Philly area) so the data count is high.

Thanks in advance!

https://insurance-forums.com/community/threads/realistic-expectations-for-fe-sales.88985/

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back