Finding & Hiring Good Sales People

Actually, citing an article by: IFAwebnews.com | The latest insurance industry news and resources

(This is a physical publication I have and don't have a scanner so I'll just highlight some of the article)

Article: "Agent Recruiting Process, Long, Painful, Necessary."
by Molly Greeley

"...Only 44% of insurance agents hired make it through their first year in the industry, according to a case study by LIMRA International, a company that helps agencies in the hiring process."
LOL! healthagent just gotcha!! Moon, it seems you should not point the finger! Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black. The 33.2 I listed on my post came from the national underwriter, and I miss inturpretted the quote. It was a joint percentage of retention, and approval. A lot of independent health apps get slapped down from uw. I am sure a brilliant man like yourself knows that already though!

I guess that would depend on whether or not agents are set up to fail.

Very true thought.

A State Farm or Allstate is very, very picky about who they get into bed with. They get lots of training and support, and even though the home office is made up mainly of nitwits, they enjoy a very low failure rate.

On the other hand, outfits like Mega, UA, Liberty Nat'l and those of that ilk have to continually recruit, hire, and train.

Then they rinse, drain, dry, and repeat...

Exactly!

When people are properly screened and are told the truth about what it takes to make it in this biz the odds are better.

When people come in for MAKE SIX FIGURES!!!! it's failure waiting to happen.

This is a business about building and servicing clients. If you want "MAKE SIX FIGURES!!!" then it's not the field for you.

Here's how agents are sucked into this biz. Set up to fail? You bet.

insuranceassociatesad4.jpg

Back