First day cold calling a FLOP

I might be young and new .... but I've out grown
'Christine" and I'm ready to make money ... "Christine" only cost me money ... and a whole lot of stress!!!!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
burlewd ... Frank gave me the heads up on the MA and MS ... FULLY ... i would say he is an expert in the area :)

Last edited:
I am sorry to tell you that you can no longer cold call seniors for medicare supps or mapd plans. These laws went into effect on Dec. 1, 2008. I would suggest you learn these laws before you get caught and lose your license.

I am sorry to tell you that you can no longer cold call seniors for medicare supps or mapd plans. These laws went into effect on Dec. 1, 2008. I would suggest you learn these laws before you get caught and lose your license.

I'm not sure where you are getting your information but there is no law that I, or any of the agents I have spoken to, am aware of that says an agent cannot cold call seniors for any product except for Medicare Advantage Plans or Medicare Prescription Drug Plans.

I would be very careful about giving out that kind of information unless you also provide documentation from Medicare. Not just from another agent or an FMO, IMO, MGA, GA or your neighbors second half cousin who's daughter cleans the offices at night for some guy who sells insurance.

If you can provide documentation from Medicare that substantiates that then I will apologize profusely. Otherwise, you may want to edit your original statement.

It is difficult enough for a new agent to wade through all the crap that CMS is flooding us with without adding rumors like that to the pot.

Frank is correct. The prohibition is for products paid for primarily by Medicare, such as MA and PDP. Although CMS has standardized supplements, they do not control their sale as far as calling.

By the way, I can't tell you how it pains me to say Frank is correct.:swoon:

Rick

I've never read that about med-supps and I would have gotten something through e-mail or by newsletters I get from the several companies I write med-supps for.

If you're correct, then CMS needs to have me arrested and locked up.:skeptical:

Back