First things first

DariaOC

Expert
My hubby and I want to sell health insurance asap, do we have time to get licensed and approved before open enrollment? We are in TX. heard they are backed up on approvals. Also best online training and still looking for a good company to work with. I posted two questions in "Ask the Agent" TY

because of open enrollment is coming up very soon. so if we want to sell medicare, we have to get on board

Let's see the Medicare Advantage open enrollment panic begins in less than 60 days and since that is traditionally "hunting season" every single person turning 65 will have already received 10 to 20 Medicare promotional "buy from Me- buy here -buy now" Flyers, invitations to "Medicare info buying" seminars complete with free lunch, and a bombardment of emails and voice mails to wade through (which began arriving three months ago) so what makes you think rushing out to get your health license ASAP is going to position you any more than a seasoned health and life agent who has established a relationship with prospects and or has created a niche for themselves as a trusted advisor? When it comes down to brass tacks most of the Medicare supp and Medicare Advantage plans mirror each other per government regulations and people ultimately buy people. Buyers tend to like to work with people who actually know what they're talking about from experience in the field over a course of time. I have never chased Medicare business but have quite a bit of it because people in my MSA get overwhelmed by the onslaught of agents promo pieces directed to them and then come to me to help them understand the clutter and steer them toward the best option for THEM. Maybe you should consider selliing FE, Life, Cancer, Hospital Indemnity or jump on the new Short Term under 65 train about to pull out so you can get some one on one health sales experience in the field first - there is an entire universe beyond the tiny "Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment"! Good Luck

Back