FMO Mailing & They Want Copies of the Leads

Because they paid for them?

Remember, they are giving you something, not the other way around.

I thought I gave them my production and I earned the leads with no strings attached.

This is one of the perks FMO's use to recruit.

I will only sell the right product for the client without regards to if I am contracted through that FMO or not.

The client comes first, I can tell they don't like to hear that their product might not be the best fit.

Last edited:
They probably want to guage the effectiveness. If they can match x number of leads to y number of apps they can determine if this is a good use of their funds.

I do think they want to gauge things.

I finally came to an understanding with them on this.

They will get e-mails on the total leads received.

However they will not have access to the names & phone numbers.

They knew I wasn't going to go for anything else. They could keep my/their money.

You know, the more Im on this forum I think honestly more than half of you guys dont write jack crap in business. You are on here a lot. You all have smart ass comments and act like you know everything, I find quite the contrary, most of you dont know squat and dont have any decent production and are lazy lazy lazy, so you come here and spout off some "nuggets" to a newby or someone asking a legit question. The question the op has is not "if he is a good agent or not". He was asking about the FMO and if it sounded legit. I would have a problem with it as well, but all you know it alls want to do is sit back and spew your BS, hell, some of you dont even produce insurance so suck on that. To the op, if you have a problem with it address it directly again with your FMO, if they dont like it change to a new FMO, but for goodness sake dont expect any relevant advice from these bunch of "perfect" and "expert" agents.

Everything goes both ways.

Four years ago I had a local agent that I knew and trusted approach me about selling FE for me. He hit me at the right time because I had about 125 brand new FE leads that I had no time to work. They were stacking up on me.

I gave him the choice. 70% with free leads. Or 110% with $20 per lead. He took the free lead deal.

Weeks and weeks go by. Not one sale. He needs newer leads. The leads I gave him were from 2-weeks to 6-weeks old and completely unworked. But I did one new lead drop for him. Nothing.

I was way to busy to micro-manage him. That's why I had leads stacking up.

Then I'm out to lunch with a VP of a company that I did a lot of business with but did not have him with. We were talking and his name came up. Yep! He was writing business recently with them. The VP was kind enough to shoot me some last names and I told him the matching addresses. Yep! Perfect match.

Ignorant agents like that are what ruins it for the others.

Many agents have plenty of time to work but no money for leads. I have plenty of money for leads but no time. It would be a perfect match if there weren't crooked agents and crooked FMOs.

But it's definitely a two way street.

Everything goes both ways.

Four years ago I had a local agent that I knew and trusted approach me about selling FE for me. He hit me at the right time because I had about 125 brand new FE leads that I had no time to work. They were stacking up on me.

I gave him the choice. 70% with free leads. Or 110% with $20 per lead. He took the free lead deal.

Weeks and weeks go by. Not one sale. He needs newer leads. The leads I gave him were from 2-weeks to 6-weeks old and completely unworked. But I did one new lead drop for him. Nothing.

I was way to busy to micro-manage him. That's why I had leads stacking up.

Then I'm out to lunch with a VP of a company that I did a lot of business with but did not have him with. We were talking and his name came up. Yep! He was writing business recently with them. The VP was kind enough to shoot me some last names and I told him the matching addresses. Yep! Perfect match.

Ignorant agents like that are what ruins it for the others.

Many agents have plenty of time to work but no money for leads. I have plenty of money for leads but no time. It would be a perfect match if there weren't crooked agents and crooked FMOs.

But it's definitely a two way street.

That is when you say to a guy like that..... Your DEAD to me... Forever.

That is when you say to a guy like that..... Your DEAD to me... Forever.

He knew that he was. He actually went to LH next which has zero chance of survival in my and JD's area.

He's a security guard now.

I think the greater issue is why CALTC even suspects his upline might screw him. I have a terrific relationship with my upline. They just paid for a 5000 mail drop for me. Not for a second did any negative or cynical thought creep into my mind. So, if there is cynicism or negative thoughts then you are probably with the wrong upline.

Or you are just a cynic with everyone? :)

Back