FMO Mailing & They Want Copies of the Leads

Look at it from the other side.

The IMO is rewarding you for production by giving you leads at no cost to you. They aren't really free, the IMO is paying for them and they are based upon past production.

Sure, they could have another agent go work them, but why? What does it gain them? They are trying to reward you and get more of your business, why ruin that by sending another agent behind you.

If you find out you can't trust your IMO, what are you going to do? You'll stop using them and move the contract if you can. There really is no downside for you. You get leads that were no cost to you and more production or you get to find out that your IMO really is a POS. Either way you win.

Because I have news for you, if your IMO would give these leads to someone else, they are already looking for ways to screw you.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Take the freebies and run with it. Sure there is a risk of the IMO giving the leads to somebody else, but a lot of agents won't put in the proper effort to cultivate leads.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Take the freebies and run with it. Sure there is a risk of the IMO giving the leads to somebody else, but a lot of agents won't put in the proper effort to cultivate leads.

I have a different take on things. Interesting responses. I hear what you guys are saying.

Leads that are given to multiple agents can be costly. In fact they can cost you a lot if your hard work gets "interfered" with.

When I put time, effort & energy into appointments, it is no small thing if another agent working my leads has a chance to ruin my hard work.

If you don't think an FMO can do this you need to read this forum more. I can cite lots of examples. It has hapenned to me.

I believe many captive systems are based on this model.

I earned the leads, so they are not free. They are something owed to me per agreement.

I would strongly urge other agents to never allow an FMO copy your leads, unless there is a solid reason.

Last edited:
I have a different take on things. Interesting responses. I hear what you guys are saying.

Leads that someone else works are not free. In fact they can cost you a lot if your hard work gets "interfered" with.

When I put time, effort & energy into appointments, it is no small thing if another agent has a chance to ruin my hard work.

If you don't think an FMO can do this you need to read this forum more. I can site lots of examples. It has hapenned to me many times.

I believe many captive systems are based on this model. Think Bankers, etc.

I know that never hapenns to agents on this forum, just me.

In fact I earned the leads, so they are not free. They are something owed to me per agreement.

I would strongly urge other agents to never allow an FMO copy your leads, unless there is a solid reason.

I agree with you. Your up line should never have a copy of your leads. But if they are giving them to you at no cost, I would take all those I could get and wouldn't worry about it. If you are selling a well priced company it will be a lot harder to replace than a Bankers policy would.

I agree with you. Your up line should never have a copy of your leads. But if they are giving them to you at no cost, I would take all those I could get and wouldn't worry about it. If you are selling a well priced company it will be a lot harder to replace than a Bankers policy would.

Definitely take them!

----------

Can't your upline see the business you submit anyway? They could just sell your client list if they were that crooked couldn't they?

I would prefer they not have my leads too.

If you're producing that much that you meet the criteria for them to do a mailing for you, why would they want to screw you? Wouldn't you go somewhere else and produce for them instead? And smear their name to everyone in this business you come in contact with? (Well maybe you wouldn't do that, but do they know you wouldn't do that?)

It would be pretty short sighted of them to lose you over a few leads.

Besides, you're going to do more with the leads than most other guys, or else they wouldn't be doing this. Am I right, or wrong?

If someone else already said this, sorry for being redundant. I didn't read every post that closely.

By the way, shouldn't you be watching the game instead of posting here? Maybe it's not going so well tonight?

It would be pretty short sighted of them to lose you over a few leads.

Some FMO's are short sighted IMO.

Plus I can't leave, well I can, but most agents can't leave without a release.

Besides, you're going to do more with the leads than most other guys, or else they wouldn't be doing this. Am I right, or wrong?

Well they had to give them to me because I earned them based on production.

By the way, shouldn't you be watching the game instead of posting here? Maybe it's not going so well tonight?

I am in front of the TV.

Damn, Giants just lost!

Dodgers are gaining ground.

Leads that are given to multiple agents can be costly. In fact they can cost you a lot if your hard work gets "interfered" with.

When I put time, effort & energy into appointments, it is no small thing if another agent working my leads has a chance to ruin my hard work.

If you don't think an FMO can do this you need to read this forum more. I can cite lots of examples. It has hapenned to me.

I believe many captive systems are based on this model.

I earned the leads, so they are not free. They are something owed to me per agreement.

I get what you are saying, but here is the thing.

Either your IMO is dishonest or not. Buying you leads and seeing the people isn't suddenly going to make them dishonest. They either were or they weren't already.

So, if your IMO is dishonest, would you rather find out now or later? I'd rather find out now and get it out of the way. Then I can move on.

Also, if you are doing like Tahoe Ray suggests and submitting your business through them, they already can see all your clients and the complete app. If they wanted to screw you over, they already could.

To me this is a no lose situation, unless you just want to stick your head in the sand and avoid finding out if you can trust your IMO or not.

Back