For those that Don't Like Assurity

#1. Had a 71M declined by Transamerica because he filled a Rx for Aricept in 12/2015, but never took a pill. Went to his doctor for a checkup and said he doesn't remember things like he did when he was younger. The doctor said here try this. He also takes meds for bipolar/skits. I called Assurity and explained and they will accept the risk.

I just looked at the Assurity site and this case was approved.

Does assurirt have a phone interview?

#1. Had a 71M declined by Transamerica because he filled a Rx for Aricept in 12/2015, but never took a pill. Went to his doctor for a checkup and said he doesn't remember things like he did when he was younger. The doctor said here try this. He also takes meds for bipolar/skits. I called Assurity and explained and they will accept the risk.

I just looked at the Assurity site and this case was approved.

Does assurity have a phone interview?

Does assurity have a phone interview?

You better believe it.

With the right applicant and interviewer, it can turn into an interrogation that would make the CIA proud. For applicants who treat a PHI like a confession, Assurity will gladly listen and continue to ask for more.

I had to go back by a house yesterday because she did not complete her PHI. The rep grilled her for about 30 minutes. Of course she volunteered some info even though I told her not to. Underwriting has the case now.

The questionable case that I just got issued also did a PHI. He must have passed because it was issued.

I had to go back by a house yesterday because she did not complete her PHI. The rep grilled her for about 30 minutes. Of course she volunteered some info even though I told her not to. Underwriting has the case now.

The questionable case that I just got issued also did a PHI. He must have passed because it was issued.

Why don't you just do the phone interview when you are with them?

I was just on the phone with my Assurity rep. Each time I speak with any rep there I usually end up complaining about the product that they mistakenly call a SIWL! She began to tell me that they have started using in house interviewers and the process is much smoother now.

For those of you who have had Assurity for a few years and actually written business with them on the SIWL product, have you noticed any changes lately? I do think they may be a little better than they used to be, but I still think they go off of the app many times. I hope I'm wrong.

I was just on the phone with my Assurity rep. Each time I speak with any rep there I usually end up complaining about the product that they mistakenly call a SIWL! She began to tell me that they have started using in house interviewers and the process is much smoother now.

For those of you who have had Assurity for a few years and actually written business with them on the SIWL product, have you noticed any changes lately? I do think they may be a little better than they used to be, but I still think they go off of the app many times. I hope I'm wrong.

It may be better, but that isn't saying much.

Any agent who writes Assurity and doesn't do the PHI with their client is doing a disservice to that client. The agent definitely needs to be involved and keep the process moving forward.

That said, I have never seen Assurity decline someone who should have been approved. Lots of people talk themselves into a decline, but the reality is they did not meet the underwriting guidelines. It was something that wasn't going to be found on a script check or them not truly understanding the question and having withheld it until they started confessing.

So, as much as I hate their PHI, the reality is they are giving you the right decision. Also, they pay. I have yet to see them rescind anything, so I can put up with a tough PHI if the company then pays when the time comes.

The case where the man was prescribed Aricept that was issued yesterday I had tried to do the PHI at the home. The applicant was having a problem hearing the questions so the son put the phone on speaker and started coaching his father and the rep did not like that at all so she stopped the PHI until we took it off speaker. Then the applicant still was having issues so the rep ended the call and told me that she would talk to an underwriter and call me back. She did so and told me the PHI would be done later when I was not at the house. She said they prefer to call back after the application is submitted so the applicant can't be coached. So now I tell everyone I write they will be getting a call and to bear with it and so far it has worked out OK.

The lady yesterday I wrote last week and the company had not made contact. I stopped by while working the area and made the call. The first thing the rep did was ask her if the phone was on speaker and if the agent was present. I assume that they didn't want me there so I walked outside.

Assurity is issuing cases that no one else would have so I put up with their nonsense. I would use them more if their FYC commission wasn't lower than most other carriers and I am working on that. Mark Stueven called me the other day and was very nice and supportive. Maybe he can get me a raise.

The case where the man was prescribed Aricept that was issued yesterday I had tried to do the PHI at the home. The applicant was having a problem hearing the questions so the son put the phone on speaker and started coaching his father and the rep did not like that at all so she stopped the PHI until we took it off speaker. Then the applicant still was having issues so the rep ended the call and told me that she would talk to an underwriter and call me back. She did so and told me the PHI would be done later when I was not at the house. She said they prefer to call back after the application is submitted so the applicant can't be coached. So now I tell everyone I write they will be getting a call and to bear with it and so far it has worked out OK.

The lady yesterday I wrote last week and the company had not made contact. I stopped by while working the area and made the call. The first thing the rep did was ask her if the phone was on speaker and if the agent was present. I assume that they didn't want me there so I walked outside.

Assurity is issuing cases that no one else would have so I put up with their nonsense. I would use them more if their FYC commission wasn't lower than most other carriers and I am working on that. Mark Stueven called me the other day and was very nice and supportive. Maybe he can get me a raise.

Don't you write SNL? You can have 110% with Assurity easily, so not sure they have much lower comp than your other companies.

What Ben said. I am not an FE guy, But I know my contract through Todd is competitive with my other FE contracts. Edit: that and the renewals are great.

Back