FREE INTERNET MARKETING WEBINAR - Monday @ 8pm EST

No offense Al3, but maybe your nose doesn't belong where you are sticking it?

Maybe you're making wild accusations about things that don't concern you?

Either sign up for the free webinar or don't. No one here reports to you...

As for the why did I go out of business?

I spent all my personal cash to help pay for an organ transplant and ended up drying my savings. After paying out the three full time workers and for the monthly marketing invoice I was too drained to worry about work.

Only BK I know of sells flame broiled Whoppers.

P.S. I think Dave Miller is far more "socially skilled" than certain posters on this forum.

P.P.S. You're right, your time is far too valuable to spend it on my thread selling a free webinar. Perhaps writing a few policies, enjoying the fresh air, protesting conservatism; whatever your ilk enjoys - that's probably better use.

Last edited:
A free webinar is still too expensive for some people. Maybe you should offer to pay people to watch it instead....I'll take $50.

A free webinar is still too expensive for some people. Maybe you should offer to pay people to watch it instead....I'll take $50.

In my experience, on the whole, in this biz, things tend to be worth what they cost.

There are cheap plans and expensive plans. There is a reason for each.

Free, cheap, or expensive, there is always a price to be paid.

There is an old Bhakti saying, "After you find out that the truth will set you free... find out how much it will set you back."

Hare Krishna! :yes:

Al
"The dogs will bark... but the caravan will pass."

In my experience, on the whole, in this biz, things tend to be worth what they cost.

There are cheap plans and expensive plans. There is a reason for each.

Free, cheap, or expensive, there is always a price to be paid.

There is an old Bhakti saying, "After you find out that the truth will set you free... find out how much it will set you back."

Hare Krishna! :yes:

Al
"The dogs will bark... but the caravan will pass."

Would it make you feel better if he charged $50 to attend the webinar?

Would it make you feel better if he charged $50 to attend the webinar?

Well, if he did, most of the folks here would "demand" that he show them a syllabus of the course so as to determine if it will be a waste of time/money.

I hope you attend and report back on what he said in the 90 minutes and if you thought it was valuable.

I grew up in the New York City area. We learned at an early age that if you miss the 'A' train, another 'A' train will be along five or ten minutes later. It's the same with free web seminars (as well as the 3-per-week dinner seminars I'm invited to by various financial planners. I've never been to one.)

Well, if he did, most of the folks here would "demand" that he show them a syllabus of the course so as to determine if it will be a waste of time/money.

I hope you attend and report back on what he said in the 90 minutes and if you thought it was valuable.

I grew up in the New York City area. We learned at an early age that if you miss the 'A' train, another 'A' train will be along five or ten minutes later. It's the same with free web seminars (as well as the 3-per-week dinner seminars I'm invited to by various financial planners. I've never been to one.)

So what do you have to lose by attending a free webinar? Are you so busy that 90 minutes out of your day will ruin you forever? If you are that concerned about it, there's a simple solution: don't attend.

So what do you have to lose by attending a free webinar? Are you so busy that 90 minutes out of your day will ruin you forever? If you are that concerned about it, there's a simple solution: don't attend.

Yes, 90 minutes of my time IS valuable. I already have a web site I like and which works the way I want it to work. Irrespective of the time commitment, I don't see the need to attend the seminar. He simply didn't "make the sale" to me, but then again, I was not in the market in the first place.

I truly do hope you attend the seminar and let us know your candid thoughts. He has raised expectations fairly high. I hope he can meet them. In the past, most vendors here have not been able to... but perhaps this guy is different. I hope so.

I really have no dog in this fight. I'm just saying that it would be "nice" if the man was a bit more transparent about his biz and his intent and what the 90 minutes will cover. We had to "prod" it out of him. That does not pass my "smell" test, but YMMV.

You are NOT wrong. I am not wrong. We just see things a bit differently. In most venues there is nothing wrong with that. Not here, however. If there is one place where "group-think" rules... it is here.

Everyone will agree with you... no one will agree with me... it's biz as usual in the Insurance Forum. :yes:

Al

I've signed up for the webinar, but I'll agree with Al. If there was a bit of a description who this is targeted at, it would be helpful.

A bit about my philosophy, which is different from many others....
I'm paid to be someones agent, which means I have talked with them, usually met them, and know them. I don't do business solely on line. If I did, I don't bring any value to the deal and I'll quickly not be needed. As agents, our job is to help prospects understand what they need, why they need it, and to be there for them both during the sales process and afterwards.

Because of this, my websales are lousy (which I'm okay with). Face it, Geico, Progressive, and BlueCross can outspend me 1,000,000 to 1, easily. How do I compete with that head on? I don't bother.

Getting prospects through my website is an interesting proposition. Actually closing the sale online for me isn't that interesting. It doesn't fit my typical client profile, even though it may have been an 'easy' sale.

I know people look online for insurance, so I feel a decent presence is almost a requirement. How to tarket people that fit my core market and to get them to contact me is a challenge. That's what I would like to learn how to do.

I have no idea what this webinar will teach me. Figure as long as it's teaching, I'm up for learning.

Dan

The webinar is going to focus on usability (user interface experience) and landing page optimization.
I can't even say all it's going to cover as I'm still writing all of the material. Again, the top 10 mistakes that are made. No deception.

I'm looking forward to the reviews Tuesday.

Back