Freedom Life \ USHealth \ USHG

He missed FL & AZ on that blog, same 17.37%. Same thing happened last year too.

My clients tell me that they supposedly have a deal that if you buy their "whatever" plan, you can buy a "rider" to upgrade to an ACA compliant policy without medical underwriting (maybe saw it on other thread maybe). So, I assume they have to file something with the states for their OFF exchange only, ACA product offering, to have something to roll them into. (bronze only= $6500 OOP which will be hit if converting).

Someone could argue that they are flying under the CMS radar by using a captive agent sales force to go and sell "something", with CMS assuming they are going in pitching their ACA compliant plan that's been filed. I guess they assume agents can sell 1 ACA policy and make a living.

I thought ACA put a stop to mini med policies?........they seem to have escaped the wrath. Where's Mega?

Who knows, maybe they will be the only survivor.

He missed FL & AZ on that blog, same 17.37%. Same thing happened last year too.

My clients tell me that they supposedly have a deal that if you buy their "whatever" plan, you can buy a "rider" to upgrade to an ACA compliant policy without medical underwriting (maybe saw it on other thread maybe). So, I assume they have to file something with the states for their OFF exchange only, ACA product offering, to have something to roll them into. (bronze only= $6500 OOP which will be hit if converting).

Someone could argue that they are flying under the CMS radar by using a captive agent sales force to go and sell "something", with CMS assuming they are going in pitching their ACA compliant plan that's been filed. I guess they assume agents can sell 1 ACA policy and make a living.

I thought ACA put a stop to mini med policies?........they seem to have escaped the wrath. Where's Mega?

Who knows, maybe they will be the only survivor.

There is a catch to that conversion, the last time I saw the documents (2 years ago) the client has to pay all of the back premiums for the compliant plan, it isn't just a matter of converting.

So, let me see if I get this right. You buy a "whatever" plan, buy a rider to convert, then when you have a medical problem, you can convert to richer coverage, and owe all back premium for the conversion plan too. And you can buy Critical Illness and Accident coverage too. And pay the penalty/fine for not carrying ACA-Compliant coverage.

I'll consider it, but right now I'm buying swamp land in Florida. There are a lot of captive real estate agents selling it for higher commission, and they are telling me not to seek the advice of independent agents/advisors. Wish me luck.

Before ObamaCare became law in 2010, I used to sell about 15 Freedom Life (owned by US HealthGroup) plans a year.

They will be marketing Qualified Health Plans for the first time in Illinois, for 2017 (Off-Exchange ONLY). RateReview.HealthCare.gov shows that Freedom Life is requesting a 9.88% Illinois rate increase for 2017. Strange...since they didn't sell QHPlans in Illinois at all during 2016.

Freedom life does not sell any ACA compliant plans. They have a rider that allows someone to step up to a short term med policy after which someone would be forced over to Obamacare during the next open enrollment.

I just had my first experience with those guys recently. One of my clients dropped his off-exchange plan, to save $100 a month with Freedom Life. He came to me with regrets last week. I hadn't seen their policies up close before. Let me tell you, it's a doozy. When I explained exactly what he had, I thought he was going to throw up. He really, truly believed he had a real, compliant plan, and was saving money. Turns out, I was the one telling the truth all along. . . Hmmm. . .

I just had my first experience with those guys recently. One of my clients dropped his off-exchange plan, to save $100 a month with Freedom Life. He came to me with regrets last week. I hadn't seen their policies up close before. Let me tell you, it's a doozy. When I explained exactly what he had, I thought he was going to throw up. He really, truly believed he had a real, compliant plan, and was saving money. Turns out, I was the one telling the truth all along. . . Hmmm. . .

Good job. You're a true professional.

Honestly, how does a company like this stay in business?

Their agents must be getting charge backs (as people cancel) and from what i understand they advance pay commissions to their agents. Somebody on this forum works for them...(i forget his name). But he recruited hard giving me the pitch that he was making 100k and more this year selling USHEALTH in Tampa (i believe).

How and why the gov. hasn't shut them down is beyond me. I thought this industry was heavily regulated and watched?

Strange?

Back