Freedom Life \ USHealth \ USHG

Regulators are too busy destroying the real insurance market.

Financially they survive, because non compliant coverage.

I'm not sure that many cancel, given they bought it for the lower cost, and anything else offered won't compete on price. Most don't know the limitations until a major claim occurs.

Regulators are too busy destroying the real insurance market.

Financially they survive, because non compliant coverage.

I'm not sure that many cancel, given they bought it for the lower cost, and anything else offered won't compete on price. Most don't know the limitations until a major claim occurs.

Looking at their plan comparing one of my client current 6400 Hdhp he is paying 1200 now going to 2000 next year. Their limited benefit plan then the option of exercising the rider of needed which costs about 200 per person extra per month. 500 per month premium, 2000 per year penalty. Phcs network, if I needed individual health I would have to look at this very carefully. Otherwise, can't afford ACA plan, maybe a medi share plan or stm

Looking at their plan comparing one of my client current 6400 Hdhp he is paying 1200 now going to 2000 next year. Their limited benefit plan then the option of exercising the rider of needed which costs about 200 per person extra per month. 500 per month premium, 2000 per year penalty. Phcs network, if I needed individual health I would have to look at this very carefully. Otherwise, can't afford ACA plan, maybe a medi share plan or stm

Remember CMS is putting the squash on STM...90 day max, non-renewable.

No specific announcement that I am aware of. However with CMS and HHS being the main pushers of the policy, I see nothing stopping it from getting the green light.

No specific announcement that I am aware of. However with CMS and HHS being the main pushers of the policy, I see nothing stopping it from getting the green light.

I doubt that this proposed regulation will pass scrutiny.

HHS/CMS stated clearly that they are afraid the young and healthy will leave the ACA risk pool, which is why they are trying to restrict STM.

However, there are 3 major push backs.

First, State DOIs are looking at crashing markets in their states. They feel that regulation of STM is their choice, not CMS's. They also feel that taking away STM just took away a valid choice. It's true, by the way. Look at AZ as an example. Pinal County (a suburb of Phoenix) has zero carriers. Phoenix now has 1 carrier, and it's only a staff-model Cigna HMO. The rest of the state has 1 carrier at a 55% rate increase. There is no OFF exchange market left in the entire state.

It's State Insurance Commissioners that will have the biggest push back against CMS/HHS.

The next push back comes from a recent court case. Recently CMS/HHS lost a court case where they tried to restrict the sale of Fixed Indemnity. They lost the case, because the ACA law specifically says Fixed Indemnity is not regulated in the law due to it being a HIPAA excepted benefit. Well, you guessed it. STM is specifically stated in the ACA law as a HIPAA excepted benefit, too.

The next push back comes from major insurance companies that are now pushing STM as an answer. Not that CMS/HHS probably cares, mind you, but they are pushing against this regulation too.

I don't have a crystal ball, but I don't see the regulation making it, mostly because of the state DOIs and the court case.

They denied my application because I once had taken a prescription medication and had physical therapy. Their underwriting process is a joke, there is no medical science behind their decision process, if you let them (and Don't Let Them!) see your medical record they will do word searches and compare with an administrative check list using medical terms they do not understand, no followup for clarification, and just deny you.

This is also age discrimination because the older you are the more words they use to deny you with. They say if you come down with anything that you didn't tell them they will deny coverage (good thing I got denied), based on their business practices if i skinned my knee at age 8, and forget to mention it I will be denied coverage.

Plus they try to up-sell you with stuff, and I mean a lot of stuff that is not really insurance which adds to confusion as to what you are getting. There needs to be a standardized process for explaining health coverage.

It takes them forever to give you a response with no consideration as to your current coverage expiration. All said and done they will leave you SOL.

The one good thing they do is ask health questions and deny coverage if you lie to them.

Did I just defend USHA? Ugh I’m sick

Back