Funeral Home Pre-need Sales

What should an experience/retired P&C/Life & Health agent ask/expect a funeral home to pay me for selling pre-need?
750.00 a week salary plus Medical benefits and 25%Comm. based on the annual premium. After 34 years as a w2 debit agent I went to a funeral home this is what I received did that for 4 years then just started doing final expense and stopped the pre-needs. Missed being out in the field and doorknocking so now I just door knock my leads 25 a week and that's it.

What should an experience/retired P&C/Life & Health agent ask/expect a funeral home to pay me for selling pre-need?

It's based on the face amounts of the policies you sell and age. It's not premium based like most life insurance is.

I've known agents that made over $150,000 on just a straight 8% commission. If the funeral home is feeding you leads, that's not a bad deal.

But usually you will be on a range of commissions from 1% to 20% based on the age.

When you get real good (several years of high production) you can get it up quite a bit higher.

It's based on the face amounts of the policies you sell and age. It's not premium based like most life insurance is. I've known agents that made over $150,000 on just a straight 8% commission. If the funeral home is feeding you leads, that's not a bad deal. But usually you will be on a range of commissions from 1% to 20% based on the age. When you get real good (several years of high production) you can get it up quite a bit higher.
The funeral home I worked out of is huge they had two reps me and another gentleman 8 Buildings and around 400 acres. But just being confined in one place and not on the road really isn't for me anymore

It's based on the face amounts of the policies you sell and age. It's not premium based like most life insurance is.

I've known agents that made over $150,000 on just a straight 8% commission. If the funeral home is feeding you leads, that's not a bad deal.

But usually you will be on a range of commissions from 1% to 20% based on the age.

When you get real good (several years of high production) you can get it up quite a bit higher.

&&& STAY AWAY from SCI, right Scott?! lol

&&& STAY AWAY from SCI, right Scott?! lol

As a rule yes. But like most captive situations it could depend on the local manager if you are learning. The guy I first learned from was excellent and he's with SCI now. Has been for many years. But for long term I don't think SCI would be a good option.

As a rule yes. But like most captive situations it could depend on the local manager if you are learning. The guy I first learned from was excellent and he's with SCI now. Has been for many years. But for long term I don't think SCI would be a good option.
I agree on SCI they interviewed me twice but I did not like to set up

Back