Going into Multiline

I am in the process of comparing working for farm bureau or american national insurance company. Does anyone have any advice? I should clarify I am in minnesota.

I am with American National, and have been for almost a year. Great company, if your new its a nice way to learn the business with there salary/guarantee.

I have been working with Farm Bureau for about a year now. The contract is great if you can keep up your production. I have done pretty well up to now, December was a rough month so I won't be getting much in January.

I like the company, but I have never worked in insurance before in my life so this has been a whole new experience. I'm in South Dakota so I'm not too far from you. How long have you worked for Farm Bureau?

I don't work for anyone right now. I started the process of becoming a FB agent last year and got halted when I was told I had to get my debt down before they would even let me start with them. The prblem is, my wife can't work, and only brings in so much money on disability, and work around here is hard to come by. The other day, I found a job working for a guy who has an American National agency. He was looking for someone to help him bring in more business, and as we spoke, he came to the conclusin I should start my own agency, which is what I wanted in the first place, so I started researching the company. I found out there are several subsidiary companies under American National. Here is m my question, Diegoinsguy, first, is there a way to start as a general agent with the company that sells the life/health products, and then transition into an agency owner when I get my P & C? And my other question is directed toanyone: when I do begin as an agency owner w/the guarantee, do they adjust the gurantee based on the production?

----------

And in addition to that, is it possible to keep the business I wrote for the subsidiary company when I do the transition.

Back