GOP "Delay Individual Mandate"

Would be nice if it happened, but I'm not holding my breath. Getting rid of the mandate wouldn't address that the new plans are going to cost a small fortune and have higher true out of pocket costs than what is available today.

The whole ACA just needs to be scrapped and they need to start over.

Would be nice if it happened, but I'm not holding my breath. Getting rid of the mandate wouldn't address that the new plans are going to cost a small fortune and have higher true out of pocket costs than what is available today.

The whole ACA just needs to be scrapped and they need to start over.

I like what they said here.....how quick people tend to forget.

Further, families are facing significant increases in premiums. Last week, the Wall Street Journal published an analysis of premiums and concluded that under your law some Americans will see their premiums “double or even triple,” which is the opposite of your promise that premiums will go down by $2,500 for American families.

The public doesn't trust or care about estimates.

When more money comes out of their pocket, they'll care.

If that money is enough to affect their lifestyle, they'll do something about it.

Otherwise, they will just accept it and go back to watching Honey Boo-Boo and that show with the bad dancers.

There is no chance of this thing being preemptively repealed after the billions they've dumped into it over the past few years. Best case scenario, it's gone before the second OEP after mass protests from the public who actually had to pay for the repercussions of this law.

What's interesting is that we're seeing a "delay" or outright cancellation of penalties, so there won't be any problems in that regard. We're giving away free money.

Who won't like that?

Yep, I knew this was coming also. The majority of us were against this from the start, with that being said there have been millions poured into this by insurer's and as a 98% health agent that works for a 99% health agency if they repeal the individual I am out of business and the agency probably pretty darn close to being out of business. I can probably go find some P&C agency and start as a CSR but our agency never transitioned. I pressed for it but I apparently did not know best and I'm not the owner. lol

IMO, The decision to buy insurance will not be affected by the paltry penalty hanging over their head. If they do delay it, it's status quo for the health agent and health sales.

I think it's still too early for the blowback to begin. The carriers in my state are holding the numbers till November when they will announce the ACA rates for Jan 1st.

As someone else noted, until it actually hits a person's pocketbook, most Americans won't pay attention. We're going to have some very angry people pretty soon.

Enough to vote Gop? Probably not, too many other issues in the way. So what we'll have is delays thrown into place for everything.

I'm still concerned about everybody renewing on 1/1 to comply. Not that I have a ton of group, but I have enough now that renews all at once are going to be a bear to handle.

I think it's still too early for the blowback to begin. The carriers in my state are holding the numbers till November when they will announce the ACA rates for Jan 1st.

What am I missing here? How can they withhold rates till 11-1 when the exchange is supposed to be open 10-1.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
IMO, The decision to buy insurance will not be affected by the paltry penalty hanging over their head. If they do delay it, it's status quo for the health agent and health sales.

I agree I think the carrot pulls a lot more than the stick in this case.;)

Last edited:
Back