GOP "Delay Individual Mandate"

"What am I missing here? How can they withhold rates till 11-1 when the exchange is supposed to be open 10-1"

Have no idea, I just know our carriers were told to be ready and compliant on 1/1/13 by our OIC. They know the numbers right now, aren't telling agents or the public yet.

I think there is still talks over rates going on with the OIC. I truly expect sticker shock even though in my state, most of these reforms have been in place for more than a decade.

So,

-Individual Mandate gets upheld by the Supreme Court.

-Now, it's somewhat likely to be delayed.

What a great country.

They know the numbers right now, aren't telling agents or the public yet.

I am shocked and amazed at how secretive they have been on this. When you look at all the other stuff going on in the news with leaks and secrets getting out. Its hard to believe nobody has spilled the beans yet.

What am I missing here? How can they withhold rates till 11-1 when the exchange is supposed to be open 10-1.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I agree I think the carrot pulls a lot more than the stick in this case.;)

I agree open enrollment for a Jan 1 effective date starts on Oct 1. Don't understand that.

Ha Ha Ha this is great Political Theater.

Boehner Slams Dems!

“If you’re a software company making billions in profits, you’re exempt from Obamacare next year,” he said. “But if you’re a 28-year-old struggling to pay off your student loans, you’re not.”
“If you’re a big bank or financial company, you don’t have to comply with Obamcare,” Boehner added. “But if you’re a single parent trying to make ends meet, there’s no exemption for you.”

Read more: House to vote on Obamacare mandates next week - Paige Winfield Cunningham - POLITICO.com

House to vote on Obamacare mandates next week - Paige Winfield Cunningham - POLITICO.com

It may not matter since most won't be subject to a penalty, especially smokers

The A.P. is missing the real story concerning Obamacare and smoking | NJ.com

The article poses an interesting concept, but they missed a key point. The 8% affordability exemption applies to MEC (minimum essential coverage), not the Silver plan. The person who wrote the article used the online calculator (presumably Kaiser's or Berkley's), which show estimated premiums for the benchmark plan (the 2nd lowest cost Silver plan). The affordability law is for people who cannot find a minimum essential coverage (MEC) plan for less than 8% of their household income. So, for instance, the bronze plan, or an employer sponsored skinny MEC, or even the catastrophic plan (if the person is eligible for it) would constitute MEC.

The article poses an interesting concept, but they missed a key point. The 8% affordability exemption applies to MEC (minimum essential coverage), not the Silver plan. The person who wrote the article used the online calculator (presumably Kaiser's or Berkley's), which show estimated premiums for the benchmark plan (the 2nd lowest cost Silver plan). The affordability law is for people who cannot find a minimum essential coverage (MEC) plan for less than 8% of their household income. So, for instance, the bronze plan, or an employer sponsored skinny MEC, or even the catastrophic plan (if the person is eligible for it) would constitute MEC.

By being over 8% of their income, they are catastrophic plan eligible, right?

How can they withhold rates till 11-1 when the exchange is supposed to be open 10-1.

The "store" is supposed to be open, but that does not mean it will have inventory.

Latest posts

Back