Health insurance doubled !

They have plans that meet the ACA guidelines.

No. They do NOT. Their plans do not meet MEC. They have pre-ex. Their plans are approved for the exemption.

There is a difference.

If I am wrong, post a benefit summary with the details. I am happy to eat crow...if you can prove it.

No. They do NOT. Their plans do not meet MEC. They have pre-ex. Their plans are approved for the exemption.

There is a difference.

If I am wrong, post a benefit summary with the details. I am happy to eat crow...if you can prove it.

First, Aliera Healthcare Miniumum Essential Coverage offer healthcare coverage that is in accordance with the United States Preventive Task Force (USPF) schedules A&B for preventive care. It is also in compliance with the Affordable Care Act (ACA) under the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) definition of minimum essential coverage.

Also, their self-funded plans are not traditional insurance. However, they are ACA compliant under CMS, the IRS and ERISA - therefore, meeting the requirements set forth by the government. There are some Aliera plans do not meet the MEC or the ACA guidelines.

WHOO HOO...you can cut and paste.

Prove it.

Actually, I don't care anymore. I've written more apps since this thread began than you will write this week. That's what happens when you are a real agent. People trust you. So they send you more people. Who know you have a clue, will do what is right and have the knowledge and training to see what is real. And what is crap.

Today spoke with 3 families that their plans are about the same price, some higher "$2178 family 5" with 7k ded...they are not renewing...What would you senior agents tell them?? Some have minor preexist and wont qualify for "alternative plans"..."I will wait if something happens then get a plan during open enrollment"

What companies are you working with at this time? I can check with Blue Cross & Blue Shield in GA. and get you a quote. I will provide the service at no charge. Also, I can get quotes from Humana in GA. I do not think Humana is paying commissions to agents. It will not hurt at least to try to help a family. I am approved to write policies for both companies.

What about the link for the GA DOI approval?

According to Georgia Official Code 30-20-1, Health Care Sharing Ministries are not under the jurisdiction of the Commissioner of Insurance. However, the company does have approval to operate in the state of Georgia.

(a) As used in this Code section, the term "health care sharing ministry" means a faith-based, nonprofit organization that is tax exempt under the Internal Revenue Code which:

(1) Limits its participants to those who are of a similar faith;

(2) Acts as a facilitator among participants who have financial or medical needs and matches those participants with other participants with the present ability to assist those with financial or medical needs in accordance with criteria established by the health care sharing ministry;

(3) Provides for the financial or medical needs of a participant through contributions from one participant to another;

(4) Provides amounts that participants may contribute with no assumption of risk or promise to pay among the participants and no assumption of risk or promise to pay by the health care sharing ministry to the participants;

(5) Provides a written monthly statement to all participants that lists the total dollar amount of qualified needs submitted to the health care sharing ministry, as well as the amount actually published or assigned to participants for their contribution; and

(6) Provides a written disclaimer on or accompanying all applications and guideline materials distributed by or on behalf of the organization that reads, in substance: "Notice: The organization facilitating the sharing of medical expenses is not an insurance company, and neither its guidelines nor plan of operation is an insurance policy. Whether anyone chooses to assist you with your medical bills will be totally voluntary because no other participant will be compelled by law to contribute toward your medical bills. As such, participation in the organization or a subscription to any of its documents should never be considered to be insurance. Regardless of whether you receive any payment for medical expenses or whether this organization continues to operate, you are always personally responsible for the payment of your own medical bills."

(b) A health care sharing ministry which has entered into a health care cost sharing arrangement with its participants shall not be considered an insurance company, health maintenance organization, or health benefit plan of any class, kind, or character and shall not be subject to any laws respecting insurance companies, health maintenance organizations, or health benefit plans of any class, kind, or character in this state or subject to regulation under such laws, including, but not limited to, the provisions of this title, and shall not be subject to the jurisdiction of the Commissioner of Insurance.

Any approval of a Product by a State DOI is public record and available online via their website. So if a client asks to see the GA DOI Approval Notice for this product, I take it you can provide a link to this approval notice, correct?
Approved by the state of Georgia.

Bobby manages to hit every stereotype of a consultant.

He knows nothing.
He has contributed nothing.
In fact his mere presence had made the situation worse.
He thinks he is an expert.
And he still expects to get paid for his "knowledge"

Still waiting for a link showing that the GA DOI has approved this product.

Having a business license in the state of GA is not the same as DOI approval of a product.

This guy is a lawsuit waiting to happen. Even worse, no telling how much financial damage he will inflict on his unsuspecting victims.

This is exactly the type of thing regulators need to crack down on. This guy is telling agents lie after lie about this product... no telling what lies he is telling consumers.

Last edited:
I'm beginning to believe Bobby is a BOT, like someone else previously posted. I think we are all arguing with a software program planted by Aliera Healthcare.

Back