Hello Everyone!

I started in financial services calling 500 people a day and while soul-sucking, it certainly yields results.
You’re that guy?:err: I was just telling somebody about a guy I heard about back when I was a new agent. He would just dial straight through the phone book asking “Are you looking for life, health or disability insurance?” It apparently worked very well for him.

You’re that guy?:err: I was just telling somebody about a guy I heard about back when I was a new agent. He would just dial straight through the phone book asking “Are you looking for life, health or disability insurance?” It apparently worked very well for him.

It was selling stocks but yeah. We had "lead cards" but they had been worked for years. We also got some "d&b" leads which were Dun and Bradstreet and those were much better as they were business owners.

This was before DNC and you could essentially call anyone and sell them something.

It was fun at age 22 for a year or so but got old fast (esp once you learned how those places worked).

That goes back to sales basics. Even if I was half the salesman you were, if I made 3 times as many calls, I'd still sell more than you.

Boy how times have changed. For the most part I just wait for the phone to ring. Plus, I've probably turned away or referred out more business this month than I would WRITE in a typical month when I was new.

Last edited:
Plus, I've probably turned away or referred out more business this month than I would WRITE in a typical month when I was new.

I'm absolutely not a big baller, but I refer out often. Don't match my ideal customer and I don't match your ideal agent, no reason to waste our time meeting.

Someone online told me I was what's wrong with Medicare because I don't cold call or knock on doors all day and I'm lazy.

Lazy, sure...
Wrong with a whole federal program that, as an insurance agent, I have no influence over? A bit melodramatic.

I'm absolutely not a big baller, but I refer out often. Don't match my ideal customer and I don't match your ideal agent, no reason to waste our time meeting.

Someone online told me I was what's wrong with Medicare because I don't cold call or knock on doors all day and I'm lazy.

Lazy, sure...
Wrong with a whole federal program that, as an insurance agent, I have no influence over? A bit melodramatic.
Just becasue you hold an insurance license and sell Medicare supplement you are under no obligation to talk to everyone that has Medicare.. Where would that guy get the opinion that you are? :unsure:

Just becasue you hold an insurance license and sell Medicare supplement you are under no obligation to talk to everyone that has Medicare.. Where would that guy get the opinion that you are? :unsure:

LinkedIn is a Cesspool of professionals that think they know everything.

This hey wasn't even in the insurance industry. I was commenting that I'm okay with passing Bitcoin, NFTs and other digital currency by at this time because the lack of regulation makes them rife for scams and fraud (like pump and dumps.) Not even that they're bad, but they aren't for me as an investment strategy.

Then I'm what's wrong with Medicare, because I don't follow the digital currency "movement." Idk..

Back