Hello Guys I Need Some Good Advice Please

Truthfully19

Hello I really would like to kick start a career in insurance and there are a few company that I have been contacted by and I don't know which would be good. I was approached by multiple primerica agents and that business model didn't seem too good for me. But I've been really interested in Symmetry Financial and I've read where they have a 60% commission pay out and people were saying that it wasn't good as other companies. So long story short I'm searching for companies that will possibly pay maybe 80%

----------

I've really been looking more so on job boards like career builder but to no avail

Hello I really would like to kick start a career in insurance and there are a few company that I have been contacted by and I don't know which would be good. I was approached by multiple primerica agents and that business model didn't seem too good for me. But I've been really interested in Symmetry Financial and I've read where they have a 60% commission pay out and people were saying that it wasn't good as other companies. So long story short I'm searching for companies that will possibly pay maybe 80%

----------

I've really been looking more so on job boards like career builder but to no avail

60% commission is terrible...especially since they charge you for leads(and don't say how much they are).:skeptical:

----------

If you want good advice, here's the best I'm going to give you:

1. Find a reputable company that will help you learn the skills to succeed.
2. Payout doesn't matter right now. 100% of nothing is still nothing. Anyone who is saying otherwise... is assuming that you can make good sales right now without any training.

If you want to find a good position with a good company, you need to seek THEM out.

Some companies to "knock on their door": MassMutual, New York Life, Northwestern Mutual, Metlife, The Guardian, Mutual of Omaha, Western & Southern, and AGLA.

Of these, I would be partial to MassMutual and The Guardian because you can eventually leave their career agency and be a broker for them and still service the fixed insurance business you sold. Each agency may be different, so don't quote me on that.

Show up and ask to speak to their hiring manager. Bring your resume and ask to talk about a position with their company. Most likely, you'll schedule a time for later on, but be ready to talk right then.

I'm just looking for a company that pays decent commission

Are you brand new to the industry? How much "hand holding" do you need. If you go independent you can get 100-120% contracts. Who you go with depends on how much training, etc. that you need.

There are several good FMO's/IMO's on the Forum that can help you.

I'm just looking for a company that pays decent commission

Put up your qualifications and what you want to sell. There are several guys here that have posted long enough so get a sense of who and what they are. I would start you're research there. I would beware of someone that just says send me your contact information.

Some companies you can duel contract so not a big issue moving out of a bad fit. However, there are many that you would need to get a release of your bondage. Much bigger problem.

IMHO

Back