Hello Guys I Need Some Good Advice Please

Exactly which market are you interested in? Since you posted this in the General Discussions area, I think it would be good for us to know this to be able to give you the best advice. I'm seeing some posts giving advice for the Senior Market and that may not even be the market you are looking at entering into.

Good point.. I am so used to being in the FE forum I did not even notice this was in the General category.. :)

You have already received more good information than you asked for. DHK spelled it out in detail in the post where he said, "100% of nothing is nothing."

The management of most insurance companies and their agencies make a lot of their money by hiring and turning over of new agents. Learn the difference between being a Captive agent vs. an Independent agent. Most highly successful agents that we train are not captives.

I received the best training I had as a captive agent. I'm only now in the process of going independent.

The most valuable thing that any employer can offer you is training. Ask what their training process is, how hands on they are, how they follow up, how they measure results, how often you're in classes or in the field, stuff like that. The one thing that a captive company cannot take away from you is your training. Your BoB, supplies, commissions, etc. are all at their mercy, but your training and knowledge are yours forever.

That's my advice. Oh, and avoid Primerica.

Hello I really would like to kick start a career in insurance and there are a few company that I have been contacted by and I don't know which would be good. I was approached by multiple primerica agents and that business model didn't seem too good for me. But I've been really interested in Symmetry Financial and I've read where they have a 60% commission pay out and people were saying that it wasn't good as other companies. So long story short I'm searching for companies that will possibly pay maybe 80%

----------

I've really been looking more so on job boards like career builder but to no avail

I just started with Symmetry. Despite some negative talk from a few people on this boards its a very upbeat company with good training and a lot of guys on here recommend the same thing, which is jumping on with them, getting trained, and moving on. Even if you land a manager that is extremely busy building an agency (spending almost too much time recruiting to call you back) there are "leaders" below that manager that you can lean on an to ask questions anytime.

What state are you looking to sell in? It's a good company if you want to "build an agency" after you're up and running and know your stuff. Just don't let them get you hyped up into building right away unless you are an amazing seller right out the gate.

Aviva life is offering 60% plus bonus for captive agents. I am just not so sure about their business plan but heard from other colleagues that they train you well.

Back