Holidays and Sales

sweet....did 3 cases today all close friends and family...nice for a change...on the down side i got a dent in the beautiful new Dodge Challenger RT and got a speeding ticket later that day! :twitchy:

It can be a bit more challenging to open new cases in December (assuming you're using a multi-meeting planning model) but I don't find it any more difficult closing cases in November and especially December that were opened earlier.

When I was doing P/C, you could pretty much stop after November 15th, and you had about a week during December. I remember "working" on my putting with coworkers in our office. Having a little money on a 60 putt over carpet was fun...

Thanks everyone. I like your opinions! Very cute about "working" on your golf in the office. Personally, I think we can do alot over the holidays. Some weeks are very difficult to reach people but overall sometimes people make decisions more quickly, end of year and all that.

Don't know. I have couple of articles from Insurannce Sales Magazine by Alan Benidict in which he reccomends holding off on FE leads between Thanksgiving & Christmas.

Don't know. I have couple of articles from Insurannce Sales Magazine by Alan Benidict in which he reccomends holding off on FE leads between Thanksgiving & Christmas.

I use to think like this. But, it may be a good idea to do a mailing when other agents won't do it.

It basically boils down to this, the more productive activity you have the more sales you will have. The end of the year has been slow when I started out, but lately it's been a whirl wind. Some years when I have hit a bonus and made my goals for the year, I purposely scaled it back to enjoy my time with family. The battle I have most often is working too much.

The secret I have learned from years in insurance and sales in general is: those that make a higher income, on average see more people than those that don't. One of our top agents is a friend and his only worry is about getting another appointment. He does not worry about closing sales. If he makes enough appointments, he makes enough sales. We probably have the similar closing ratio, but he just sees more people than I do and he does better than I do. I just don't care to work 12 hours a day.

Obviously "Alan Benedict" makes his money writing "articles", not selling insurance. Any professional, producing agent is not going to believe a word of that hog wash.

I sell insurance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year. I am building for the future, not simply interested in making "some extra beer money" today.

Back