How commonly do agents lie on apps?

Write T65's med-supps and PDP's and write MAPD plans. Virtually no health questions, other than ESRD on MAPD's.

Hard to lie when there's virtually nothing to lie about!:yes:

I lost a medsupp sale one time to a agent that allowed a client to lie or the client just out right lied. I quoted her Sterling Inv. because of price, she could not qualify though. I told her company X still saved her money and she would qualify. No dice. She wanted Sterling at that price.

I call back on her the next month. She has Sterling. Her sister's agent got it for her. How? Either she, he, or both of em lied. What do you do? I called Sterling, told them I know for a fact that they issued a client that should be a decline. They said they'd consult "management" and get back to me. *crickets*

So I left it alone. I never mentioned her name and told them of my concern for "privacy" practices, HIPPA, etc.

Prospects, and agents, learn by trial and error.

Once declined they know what to lie about the next time. Sometimes they get away with it. Sometimes not.

Got a terminal cancer client. Probably should have died 2 yrs ago. Talked to him a few weeks ago. He wanted to know if I could get him a better deal on a life insurance policy than he got from one of his clients.

Say what?

He is 59, melanoma that has metastisized to at least 4 internal organs.

Got a $50,000 life policy (don't recall the carrier) for something like $35/mo.

Term, not graded benefit.

Asking further, he said all the agent asked was "are you feeling OK today?".

Must not have been an MIB hit or Rx history. Policy was issued about 8 months ago. He said the agent is now with a new company and called to change him to a new plan.

He declined.

After we talked he said he was going to keep the plan. If he makes it thru the contestable period figures he is home free. If not, return of premium.

Hard to argue that.

I just got a notice today that one of my life policies is being replaced by another company. I wonder how they are going to handle this one since this guy was diagnois with cancer in Nov.

Back