How Do I Keep in Contact with Clients and Friends ?

Now thems fightin words!!!

Even though my beloved Kings were eliminated last night and the Sharks done in the Avs, I'll still catch the playoffs and hope from the Bruins to take it.

I feel for you on the Kings....but I respect that you actually love the sport and will keep on enjoying....so many people love their team and not for the sport....they quit when their team is done.....props to you brother!

and for the responses....I guess I come from a different breed....I had linebackers that would talk crap the whole game to try to entice me as the full back to address them rather than my assigned block....and they succeeded in that....i always told my coaches to be prepared for the wrong block a few times during the game....cause if I hit them clean and it happened to break their jaw....they wouldn't bother anyone anymore....:laugh:.....so yes, I would say that i respond or react often when leaving alone is better for everyone....but hey, someone has to eventually stand up and say enough.....that linebacker would eventually get tired of me planting my facemask in their chest and they would shut up and just play football.....but you are right, doesn't always work out so good...

There are many ways to keep in contact with clients and friends. I prefer to send out newsletters to those who have requested updates from me. I also like to send out Thank You cards once in awhile. Personal thank you cards are the best, though. It's a rare thing to get one these days.

There are many ways to keep in contact with clients and friends. I prefer to send out newsletters to those who have requested updates from me. I also like to send out Thank You cards once in awhile. Personal thank you cards are the best, though. It's a rare thing to get one these days.

I totally agree with your last statement. It is very odd to get personal mail....its too easy to drop an email or text....that's why I do what I do....I think it almost gets a shock effect when they get something that is from me...not even my company, with my logo on it. Actually, I would love to show up personally...but that stretches us a little thin...lol

Go Pens! (it said my post was to short. LOL)

in that case...

Let's Go Pens!!! Let's Go Pens!!! Lets Go Pens!!!

Since I work only the senior market every correspondence I have with clients, many have become friends, is by snail mail. I don't send birthday cards, I send a birthday letter. I get so much better response to the letter, much more so than when I sent cards.

Every client gets an "Anniversary Letter" from me each year. They get it one month prior to the effective date of their policy telling them that the policy they currently have is still the best one for them. That if that ever changes I will give them a call so we can discuss other alternatives.

My newsletter would be considered pretty "hokey" by many. It has nothing to do with insurance. It's what Jacqueline and I are doing. One year she got a new puppy so at the top of the news letter was a pic of her and her new puppy. It plays well with seniors.

I consider e-mail and pre-printed cards to be a very impersonal way of communicating with my Med Supp clients. What I do takes a little more time than simply clicking a button but I think it has paid off in spades for me. Aren't we still in a service oriented industry? I think I am. Don't you?

I want them to think of me as a person first and the guy who sold them their policy second. They all remember my name and who I am.

Last edited:
I think once in a blue moon it would be nice to connect with people face to face. But again, sending out letters and cards is really the next best thing.

@Frank: I like the idea of sharing personal stuff about yourself in newsletters. It shows people that you're not just about business.

@Frank: I like the idea of sharing personal stuff about yourself in newsletters. It shows people that you're not just about business.

It's the reason I still have seniors as clients that I sold Med Supps to in 1993 the first year I was an agent. I've been earning commission from them since then.

The senior market is awesome if an agent will stay in contact with them and sell themselves instead of simply trying to sell them a policy.

Latest posts

Back