How Do You Complete the Coventry/Aetna Training?

Ok I got your answer. And you may not like it.

This is from Beth Torre (Aetna Medicare Broker Manager)

She said technically you are ready to sell with the ahip and online training. But this year the Market Specific Training is required for each market you sell in. Aetna is keeping track of who attends and who does not. You can take this at any time but market specific training is required prior to or during AEP for each market you sell in.

You guys might want to reach out to your area market manager. Or you might not get paid

She said technically you are ready to sell with the ahip and online training. But this year the Market Specific Training is required for each market you sell in. Aetna is keeping track of who attends and who does not. You can take this at any time but market specific training is required prior to or during AEP for each market you sell in.

You guys might want to reach out to your area market manager. Or you might not get paid

I confirmed this with the Agent Service Center this morning but had also emailed my Area Manager at the same time. His response:

Face to face is not mandatory.

However, there is a local market product training test on the cert site

I don't have the test on my certification site (yet) so emailed him about that-I have been one of his better agents for the past 4 years so assume that I am receiving accurate information.

Last edited:

You Know I just received a new email reaffirming my ready to sell in each state and givin a link to order supplies, I can order supplies in each state I have been deemed ready to sell. I cant see how they can do that and then turn around and not pay me because I didn't go to a class 6 states over.

And you may choose online webinar or in-person training!
Correct F2F is not mandatory but you have to do the online webinar if not. Point is you have the online training and then a market specific training. In person or a webinar ----------
You Know I just received a new email reaffirming my ready to sell in each state and givin a link to order supplies, I can order supplies in each state I have been deemed ready to sell. I cant see how they can do that and then turn around and not pay me because I didn't go to a class 6 states over.
She just told me you can be ready to sell, get supplies and write applications. But if you don't finish the market training (webinar or in person) you won't get credit for it. Now I know you're in another state so I have no clue if this is the same nation wide. I'm just referring to Florida

Correct F2F is not mandatory but you have to do the online webinar if not. Point is you have the online training and then a market specific training. In person or a webinar ---------- She just told me you can be ready to sell, get supplies and write applications. But if you don't finish the market training (webinar or in person) you won't get credit for it. Now I know you're in another state so I have no clue if this is the same nation wide. I'm just referring to Florida

I still have clients in FL that switch around, I dont how I would complete a seminar in each state doesn't make any sense

Correct F2F is not mandatory but you have to do the online webinar if not. Point is you have the online training and then a market specific training. In person or a webinar ---------- She just told me you can be ready to sell, get supplies and write applications. But if you don't finish the market training (webinar or in person) you won't get credit for it. Now I know you're in another state so I have no clue if this is the same nation wide. I'm just referring to Florida

I found the link to all of the training but it didn't open in either Firefox or Chrome, I finally reverted to IE and after a few reloads got it to work and registered for a webinar, here is the site: www.aetnamedicareagenttraining.com

I did find this buried on the Coventry Medicare Broker site under the AWN ID Card section, it's nice of them to communicate so well:

If you intend to sell MA/MAPD products and have not yet taken the required local product training for the local market(s) where you intend to sell and have not yet passed the MAPD overview test: Your AWN ID card will ONLY list you as ready-to-sell for Medicare Part D. Once you have successfully completed market training and passed the MAPD overview test, you may print a new AWN ID card with your updated ready-to-sell information.

So, to answer the original question, here is the process for Aetna/Coventry certification from start to finish:
1. Complete AHIP
2. Complete the Aetna General Certification
3. Complete the Aetna Local Product training, which can either be done online by webinar or face to face, for each state where you want to offer the products.

It's too bad Aetna couldn't figure out how to write the above 3 bullets and instead has it in different documents and websites.

Last edited:
I found the link to all of the training but it didn't open in either Firefox or Chrome, I finally reverted to IE and after a few reloads got it to work and registered for a webinar, here is the site: www.aetnamedicareagenttraining.com I did find this buried on the Coventry Medicare Broker site under the AWN ID Card section, it's nice of them to communicate so well: If you intend to sell MA/MAPD products and have not yet taken the required local product training for the local market(s) where you intend to sell and have not yet passed the MAPD overview test: Your AWN ID card will ONLY list you as ready-to-sell for Medicare Part D. Once you have successfully completed market training and passed the MAPD overview test, you may print a new AWN ID card with your updated ready-to-sell information. So, to answer the original question, here is the process for Aetna/Coventry certification from start to finish: 1. Complete AHIP 2. Complete the Aetna General Certification 3. Complete the Aetna Local Product training, which can either be done online by webinar or face to face, for each state where you want to offer the products. It's too bad Aetna couldn't figure out how to write the above 3 bullets and instead has it in different documents and websites.

Exactly. Not sure why they make it so tough to know. Even with emails I asked the lady 3x. Is it mandatory or not? It's a yes or no question. She kept sending back long sentences answering but never said yes or no. Finally she did...kinda

Ok I have to ask. With all the complaints people post about the MA world is it really worth it? It seems like agents jump through all kinds of hoops for certification and then have getting paid issues.

Are issues just a minority or common place?

I'm only seeing this from the https://aetna.cmpsystem.com/
Certification
2017 Aetna Individual Medicare Producer Certification...

Agent Name

has successfully completed the course

Aetna's 2017 Individual Medicare Training Product

Completion date: xx/xx/xxxx
Date Generated: xx/xx/xxxx

Nothing else has been received.

Should something else been received?

Back