How do you find prospects with money?

That's if your positioning is weak and you 'need' their business. If you say s*** like "I'll work very hard to earn your business" and "I'll always be on call whenever you need me" kinds of lines.

Reeks of desperation and "commission breath".

If you have no value, then you opened yourself up to being abused.

If you have the value, then they need you more than you need them.

Where is your best value? To become known for the problems you solve rather than the products you sell.

Become a hero to them... and they'll respect you.

Pander to them, and they'll treat you accordingly.

giphy.gif

If you have the value, then they need you more than you need them.

I am probably one of the few who will give a prospect a full report showing current age rates for all the Medigap carriers in their zip. Prospects that run rate comparisons on my quote engine only see half a dozen carriers. I send them a report showing all carriers (currently about 40) and invite them to contact me with questions.

The next business day they get a phone call from me, ask if they saw the report, and asking if they have questions.

The report has tracking so I know who opened it and who did not.

If no answer I leave a voice mail to let them know they can call if they have questions.

Wrong numbers, disconnected lines, no voice mail are immediately terminated by email. The linked report is trashed so it cannot be accessed. The email let's them know what I can do for them, and, although I have "closed their file" I am willing to reopen if there is an interest on their part.

They are reminded that they will not be shown that report from other agents . . . agents who are afraid to disclose rates for fear of having them go around them to a carrier.

The email lets them know going direct will not get them a better rate, they will never talk to a live person on their initial call, their call will be answered by a robot that invites them to "Press 1 for English" and leave a message at the sound of the tone. Someone WILL call them back 2 days later while they are in the shower. They will never speak to the same person twice and the ones they do talk to are reading answers off a computer screen.

Or . . . they can talk to me, never get a sales pitch, their questions will be answered, THEY set the pace and decide WHEN they are ready to buy. They also get the benefit of my 45 years in the health insurance business and ask questions of someone who is actually USING Medicare benefits.

This is my USP that creates value.

100%.

I ended up firing a prospect this morning.

Has an insurance agent, but couldn't get a solid dental plan. Likes to talk over you stated something like "you have to do whatever it takes to get the sale", along with always talking about how much money he has and how much money all his friends and people make.

$3000 dental claim within a month of him signing up was anticipated. I have a group plan, which eliminates waiting periods and exclusions for pre-existing conditions.

Legally he could sign up.. but I'm 90% sure dude is going to cancel after the claim is paid. I just don't want to have bad business written under my license or E&O... Especially for $100 a year.

My Spidey sense has been tingling since he first called, but I thought I'd go through the normal process until I made a decision on him...

After he sent me an email this morning telling me "I have to evaluate if it's worth buying the insurance or not.." without ever letting me present the product and make sure we were a good fit, I.called it.

Careful what you wish for, your carefree life is over, once you start dealing with the $$ people. They can be very demanding, and G-d help you if you have their Medicare, Life Insurance, annuity and small group coverage. You will feel like you've been forked by a train on some days.

I'd rather have that problem after I made thousands of dollars than dealing with a market who I tell husband and wife to get a term policy, combined monthly at $60 a month and they say they need to think about it..

100%.

I ended up firing a prospect this morning.

Has an insurance agent, but couldn't get a solid dental plan. Likes to talk over you stated something like "you have to do whatever it takes to get the sale", along with always talking about how much money he has and how much money all his friends and people make.

$3000 dental claim within a month of him signing up was anticipated. I have a group plan, which eliminates waiting periods and exclusions for pre-existing conditions.

Legally he could sign up.. but I'm 90% sure dude is going to cancel after the claim is paid. I just don't want to have bad business written under my license or E&O... Especially for $100 a year.

My Spidey sense has been tingling since he first called, but I thought I'd go through the normal process until I made a decision on him...

After he sent me an email this morning telling me "I have to evaluate if it's worth buying the insurance or not.." without ever letting me present the product and make sure we were a good fit, I.called it.

I can't stand it when people say that stuff like "you have to do whatever it takes to get the sale." Did you "sell him at all costs?" :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I can't stand it when people say that stuff like "you have to do whatever it takes to get the sale." Did you "sell him at all costs?" :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I'm in a different position than a lot of agents. I work in Medicare part time and have a full time Gov job where I make more money than I need.

I'm just a financial services nerd and enjoy helping people when there are so many sharks in this industry.

One day might leave my job, and diversifying my income allows me to do that when I want vs having to stay somewhere I don't want to be..

I don't suffer a lot of BS. I don't do hard sales. I'm an advisor. If they want to play games there are plenty of people that'll do that.

How do I find clients with money?

I hang out at the bank all day and watch the tellers. They guy that puts a lot of cash in for deposit, I follow him home and take down his address. From there it's pretty simple. :laugh:

How do I find clients with money?

I hang out at the bank all day and watch the tellers. They guy that puts a lot of cash in for deposit, I follow him home and take down his address. From there it's pretty simple. :laugh:

Michael-Douglas-Feature-Image.jpg

That's the banker letting you know where to go

Back