How do you find prospects with money?

Basically, LostDollar....no agent worth his salt should write a piece of business that he knows the client intends to abuse. Not only is it ethically wrong, but done enough within a certain timeframe, the agent's license and appointment status can be placed in jeopardy.

Hmm... how did you do that without belittling or cursing him? :huh:

I love @LostDollar ... he has away of bringing out the best or the worst in some. :yes:

Basically, LostDollar....no agent worth his salt should write a piece of business that he knows or highly suspects the client intends to abuse. Not only is it ethically wrong, but done enough within a certain timeframe, the agent's license and appointment status can be placed in jeopardy.
I have written Home Health Care plans with UNL (bought one myself) by showing people how they can get more back in prescription benefits than they pay in premium. Nothing unethical about it. The company even promoted it themselves. Standard Life and Casualty has basically the same plan.

I have written Home Health Care plans with UNL (bought one myself) by showing people how they can get more back in prescription benefits than they pay in premium. Nothing unethical about it. The company even promoted it themselves. Standard Life and Casualty has basically the same plan.

To be fair..

There's nothing wrong with a product that's designed to give more benefits than what you pay.. The insurance company expects that to happen.

Accepting a risk that you KNOW will have massive claims and try to pay $60 dollars for $2100 in benefits is unethical, especially as it wasn't the original intention of the policy.

It causes a number of issues for future clients.. including premium increases or failure/restriction of the plan.

It's akin, imo, to writing a Medigap policy in IEP if you actively know there's insurance fraud. Technically you can do it, but do you really want to put yourself in that risk?

My answer is no..

I love @LostDollar ... he has away of bringing out the best or the worst in some

Ove seen very few instances where Lost Dollar has brought out the best in people..

But hey, if you're offended because of curse words, or calling out someone who isn't presenting (imo) a great amount of value for his obtuse behavior (in my case, questioning my integrity OR shitting on a really small win just because he didn't agree with the information) that's cool.

In my opinion, which isn't worth much, it's championing pettiness. Furthermore, you have a guy giving people advice that doesn't know how this industry works... which makes it really dangerous to people's livelihoods.

He tries to cover that by saying he doesn't give advice, but just presents information. That's a lie. Presenting information to people that leans on them taking an action IS advice.

Last edited:

That's not the point.

$3000 dental claim within a month of him signing up was anticipated. I have a group plan, which eliminates waiting periods and exclusions for pre-existing conditions.

Legally he could sign up.. but I'm 90% sure dude is going to cancel after the claim is paid.
I just don't want to have bad business written under my license or E&O... Especially for $100 a year.

THAT'S the point.

He's amusing to me...but I can see how Travis P. doesn't feel the same.

:spinny:

Usually it isn't an issue.

My problem currently, is that he's questioning my integrity.. Which is incredibly offensive to me.

Had it just been this last post, I'd be annoyed.. but it's an ongoing thing and I've had about enough.

He pops on and off my ignore list, because I think he does bring up things to think about. However, long term I think it might just be a best policy to keep him on ignore.

Basically, LostDollar....no agent worth his salt should write a piece of business that he knows or highly suspects the client intends to abuse. Not only is it ethically wrong, but done enough within a certain timeframe, the agent's license and appointment status can be placed in jeopardy.

Happened to see this.

Your very last comment is something I was not aware of, and has not come up in prior dental threads. In fact, some years back, before you were a member, in some discussion about dental insurance, there was an agent talking about how he signed up for dental insurance far enough ahead of need to be sure service would be covered, and then cancelled after service was done. I may be doing him an injustice here, but I think he indicated he had done this on a regular basis.

Price's comments about dental insurance in that national article are misleading by being incomplete and narrowly focused, and considering the dental policy he has chosen to sell, also , in my opinion, rather self serving. Taken as a whole, I think his attitudes and statements are types of behaviors that encourage and support people in taking the kinds of actions he is disparaging his prospect for taking.

I think he has also said to me, more than once, that the primary thrust of his comments are towards DVH policies. The article headings in the national article and his dental plan youtube videos put the lie to that statement as well.

If I had a tool in my box like dental without a waiting period and someone wanted to buy or get a quote I would ask the questions and fill out the application and submit. The second time they might need a new agent.

If I had a tool in my box like dental without a waiting period and someone wanted to buy or get a quote I would ask the questions and fill out the application and submit. The second time they might need a new agent.

Assuming it is still around, Humana HMO was/is that way.

Still not worth it to me.

Some of you guys must really be hard up for commissions if you are pushing dental.

Back