How Do You Make It...???

Um, this may differ in other states but probably not much. OP wants to sell HEALTH INSURANCE in the individual & family market. Not sure how things work in Florida, but in California there are NO CAPTIVE HEALTH INSURANCE AGENCIES OR CARRIERS. You must be independently contracted with health carriers for IFP business. Do you guys have like Blue Cross general agencies there in FLA that are part of the carrier field force that provide captive contracts? I bet not!

Some of us "numbnuts with our asshat calculations" learned to sell OTHER types of products under captive contracts which truthfully has virtually nothing to do with selling health insurance--a demand product.

I taught myself how to sell health insurance and I write 3-4 apps per day every business day without buying leads, telemarketing, or any other marketing except my web site (which costs me time since I built and maintain it and like $6 a month in hosting).

Dave, you're a genius! You write 15-20 apps per week...amazing! My agency places 350 per month...I write 1 a week when I'm not SUPPORTING my agents. MOST of which I recruited from CAPTIVE agencies.

You suggest he joins Crabcake Johnny's Assn do ya? For what? So Condo Boy can make his head spin with BS? Maybe it's the garlic...

Last edited:
Dave, you're a genius! You write 15-20 apps per week...amazing! My agency places 350 per month...I write 1 a week when I'm not SUPPORTING my agents. MOST of which I recruited from CAPTIVE agencies.

You suggest he joins Crabcake Johnny's Assn do ya? For what? So Condo Boy can make his head spin with BS? Maybe it's the garlic...

I asked you this before but never heard back...what is it exactly you don't like or is wrong with this dude? I don't know him at all but joined his IHIAA to get the Norvax discount and so far can't complain (though I have not joined any of his online meetings, etc yet). Is he a fan of crabcakes, cause if so,that I am cool with.

I must have gotten dropped in a ditch somewhere. I think personal production of 15-20 health apps a week is noteworthy. I place about 15-20 apps per month, including STM, not counting dental or life. Am I missing something? 15-20 health apps per week - personal production placed?

average commish is $700 per case. 15 cases per week = $10,500 per week X 52 = $546,000 per year.

It's $52,000 per week or or 2.7 million per year - for a personal producer thath would put you in the .000000000001% of all health insurance agents in the country.

Saying 80% stuck for renewals that would be 2.6 mill X 5% = $130,0000 in renewals.

Not bad.

InsuranceBenefitsGroup vbmenu_register("postmenu_69605", true); ,

What is your deal? Seriously. You are one of the most combative foks I've ever seen. Everytime you type something why most you put someone else down?

No one is going to take your opinion serious no matter what kind of production you claim to do.

I can post that I wrote $85,000 in volume last week. It's a message board for Christ sake.

Ask for any form of proof? Only real producers like SalesWolf will step up to the plate - the rest will just get combative.

Last edited:
As usual fellas, you're missing the point. Here we are with ANOTHER new agent looking for insight. He came to this forum to ask the 'experts'.
He does some calculations and figures he has to sell 17 policies to break even his first month, just to keep floating into the next.

Then everyone chimes in with crap advice that would surely bankrupt this guy within 3 months. My 'combative' tone, Mr. Sensitive, gets my point across.

Back