Were the Doom and Gloomers right?

• Busiest AEP ever, plans are blowing up!

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Yawn, just another AEP. boring!

Votes: 9 90.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

axeman462

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
We are a week into the selling season. Are you finding that the doom and gloomers were right, and that the plans are blowing up, the world is coming to an end, and everybody is panicking?
Or, is it just another year?

Super busy, and I am just dealing with clients who have either called in or filled retire flo as well as referrals

And my VA has been a huge blessing

I have nearly 200 clients on radar to call after this and hopefully I can start to take leads by the week after the 15th,

But many people are affected, I have seen a lot of crazy stuff, some plans discontinued, but also increased copays, surgery copays $400 $450 even seen $1000

Lots of people on MA plan going from $40 to $50 copay for tier 3 to 25% huge difrence with many meds like Xarelto and other $600 drugs

Somewhere in the middle. Still getting a lot of phone calls with BCBS leaving the MAPD space in our region. We will switch more plans than we did last year, but not as bad as some parts of the country. All in all, it is going to be a great AEP.

We also are going to replace more of the Wellcare Value Scripts than I anticipated. UHC PDP's have been a better value prop for quite a few more clients than I expected.

The answer will all depend on the area of the country you're in. I was lucky to not get affected by plan discontinuations (with no cross-walking to another plan), so honestly it's been crickets, aside from the normal referral here and referral there. A few people that want to look at some other plan options, but I can count them on one hand.

We are a week into the selling season. Are you finding that the doom and gloomers were right, and that the plans are blowing up, the world is coming to an end, and everybody is panicking?
Or, is it just another year?
It’s just another year. I’m finishing up calling current MAPD members. Working on PDP’s. Leaving WC alone. Moving M of O and SS customers.

Steady as she goes. The world is not coming to an end.

It’s just another year. I’m finishing up calling current MAPD members. Working on PDP’s. Leaving WC alone. Moving M of O and SS customers.

Steady as she goes. The world is not coming to an end.
That’s your opinion. Try moving 300 plans like I have to . 67 termed plans and 240 because the plan collapsed . Depends where you live . I’d say at least 1/2 of agents in board like me . Mine might be worse

I’m talking to a lot more people that in previous years, but just like those other years, no one is moving.
50 appointments down and I’m only moving about 5 so far. Once I get to more of my Aetna and Fl blue orlando PPO clients, that will go up.

I don’t prospect during AEP FYI. Just my normal T65’s in between my AEP clients.

Back