Were the Doom and Gloomers right?

• Busiest AEP ever, plans are blowing up!

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Yawn, just another AEP. boring!

Votes: 13 81.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
I don't understand why UHC dropped their dental on the MA plan- something that is making people upset when they see it in their ANOC but they spent the money on making their drug plan awesome for a small percentage of members and even those members who it is awesome for don't understand that it is.

I don't think the people at UHC are dumb so maybe they worked a deal with manufacturer rebates that allows them to do this and still make a profit.Who knows?
That’s what I was saying a month ago and some people laughed . Sure United didn’t term plans but they axed the $ dental from $1500 or $1000 to zero on existing plans nationwide . That’s big . They came up with competing plans with good dental but higher copays . Anyone who doesn’t think their book will be attacked is dreaming . Flipping those plans will be like taking candy from a baby . “ Mrs jones you got zero dental next yr . Don’t you need dental ? They say hell yes . I can get you $2 k . You’re still with awesome United . I’ve already got 5 referrals like that I’m flipping

Wow I am shocked most are saying not much going on this AEP

I am talking to at least 7 or 8 a day that are needing to change if its not because of plan canceled it is higher copays much higher out of pocket on medical
or complete reduction of extras
or most commonly tier 3s are going from $141 per 3 month to $450

I find it strange 90% of agents are not experiencing anything close to this

I am talking to at least 7 or 8 a day that are needing to change if its not because of plan canceled it is higher copays much higher out of pocket on medical

I’m running 20 appts each day but only needing to change 2-3. We only have 2 viable PPOs next year in Orlando so they are staying.
Most WellCare PDPs are staying unless they take brand, then it’s uhc.
I have to move my Aetna PPO and Fl Blue PPO(losing coverage). Not one of my hmo clients want to move, yet.

That said, this is my busiest AEP activity wise, for sure.

Last edited:

It’s the internet all well . Some very small pockets not as effected as 80% of areas . I quoted the stats earlier. 7% of all plans being termed . Referral calls coming in on those . 7% of 32 mil advantage plans termed or over 2 million people . That’s a staggering #. Thats not taking into account possibly 40-50% of people wanting to move plans . I’m worried about platform systems being bogged down with all the moving about to happen . Also approval times of apps could be much longer

I can't speak to the other agents, but here in Florida the plans stayed mostly stable. There are even a few carriers where benefits increased.

I have spoken to a few dozen clients now, and only 2 are changing MAPD, and a handful PDP.

I do expect those numbers to rise some as AEP goes on, and this hurricane passes.

I do not sell MAPD based on the ancillary benefits, those benefits are "oh, btw, it also has this." If you are focusing on dental and OTC etc.. when selling MAPD, then your book has always been a ticking time bomb.

I find with every passing year, my book becomes increasingly stable. I have spent at least half my time this AEP with new clients

I can't speak to the other agents, but here in Florida the plans stayed mostly stable. There are even a few carriers where benefits increased.

I have spoken to a few dozen clients now, and only 2 are changing MAPD, and a handful PDP.

I do expect those numbers to rise some as AEP goes on, and this hurricane passes.

I do not sell MAPD based on the ancillary benefits, those benefits are "oh, btw, it also has this." If you are focusing on dental and OTC etc.. when selling MAPD, then your book has always been a ticking time bomb.

I find with every passing year, my book becomes increasingly stable. I have spent at least half my time this AEP with new clients

Not many moving because of Extra though there are a few

but for the most part higher copy's, some hosp copy have gone up to $350, $400, even as much as $450, especially with Humana in some areas

Surgery copays. $400.$450 there was one plan $1000

added medical deductibles

More then anything else is the tier 3 going from $40-$47 copay to a 25% with added deductible this is happing a lot with Aetna and Devoted

The most stable is UHC, but I have had a few calls with discontinued UHC plans in FL but was easy switch to another UHC plan with better benefits

I’m guessing after the few companies that have fixed copays lose their ass this year all will be 25%. Either those plan design people were drunk or high or got the go ahead to take huge losses to buy business for 2025. Maybe didn’t understand the part about deductible and 25% still going towards 2000.00 max?
This is what I have said too. I think for the most part this is the LAST year of a copay for Tier 3 medications. Certainly on the $0 premium MAPD plans.

It’s the internet all well . Some very small pockets not as effected as 80% of areas . I quoted the stats earlier. 7% of all plans being termed . Referral calls coming in on those . 7% of 32 mil advantage plans termed or over 2 million people . That’s a staggering #. Thats not taking into account possibly 40-50% of people wanting to move plans . I’m worried about platform systems being bogged down with all the moving about to happen . Also approval times of apps could be much longer
Re platform comment:

Would that perhaps be a warning to lurkers to make a decision and get their apps in early in the AEP timeframe?

What about 2025 open season on books due to Milton hurricane sep?

I’m a dummy. Had the house built almost 3 years ago and I keep delaying. Our house has gas already and I should have bought a generac by now. Wish I did!

I’m a dummy. Had the house built almost 3 years ago and I keep delaying. Our house has gas already and I should have bought a generac by now. Wish I did!
Call in a few weeks to schedule for January.

I just spent your UHC and Humana checks. :)

Back