How many leads does your IMO train you to buy? VS AP per week. Are you efficient?

Is 25 leads a week = 4,000 AP reasonable expectation

• Yes

• No

• Yes as long as they do exactly as their taught

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jose stated that he doesn't get that many leads back that speak spanish. I was thinking that it would be tough in that area he is at without speaking spanish. Not that Jose is not great but it sounds like speaking spanish is helping him to a certain degree.

I live in Allentown, PA, and brother, do I wish I spoke Spanish I try real hard to . In the small cities in Northeastern PA, the Hispanic populations have exploded. Allentown's Hispanic population started growing in the late 80's and 90's, and continues to do so today. The little coal city of Hazleton, about an hour north of me, has gone from 4% Hispanic in 2000 to more than 40% today.

I have an appointment with a family this Saturday - I had door knocked them and the mother spoke not a lick of English. I was able to communicate to her that a son or daughter or other loved one could help. She called the son, the son was with the father (they work together) and the father speaks very little English as well. The son and daughter will be there at the appointment to translate. I don't intend to become a "builder," but I would like to recruit or partner with a Spanish speaking agent to handle my Spanish speaking leads.

I live in Allentown, PA, and brother, do I wish I spoke Spanish I try real hard to . In the small cities in Northeastern PA, the Hispanic populations have exploded. Allentown's Hispanic population started growing in the late 80's and 90's, and continues to do so today. The little coal city of Hazleton, about an hour north of me, has gone from 4% Hispanic in 2000 to more than 40% today.

I have an appointment with a family this Saturday - I had door knocked them and the mother spoke not a lick of English. I was able to communicate to her that a son or daughter or other loved one could help. She called the son, the son was with the father (they work together) and the father speaks very little English as well. The son and daughter will be there at the appointment to translate. I don't intend to become a "builder," but I would like to recruit or partner with a Spanish speaking agent to handle my Spanish speaking leads.

Great source of in bound Insurance request and referrals. Most understand more than they let on. Just embarrassed by their accent. There is usually someone to translate. I have google translate on my phone and desktop to text in spanish also. Hispanics and many Asian are very phone and text savvy.

Some guys walk away from anyone that does not speak english. Not me. I have done Insurance in Spanish, Vietnamese, Hmong, Greek, Russian, HillBilly, Ebonics and Ese to name a few. One of the worst PHIs I ever did was two Tibetan Monks with Oxford! The old long Oxford. With an AT&T interpreter. Hours long meeting then had to drive the So Cal Commute, about 6+ hours. $5,000AP though. Second worst has to be Deaf People by phone using a TTY.

If I have a Spanish deal to do in another state or more than an hour from me, and it has to be done F2F. I call some of the recruiters on this form and ask for one of their agents. We work out some kinda split. Win Win. I also get inbound calls for spanish phone deals. On that note: I would also get relationships going with Primerica agents, LH agents P&C agents.

Caveat - I am Independent. So I can call Todd, Matt, Dave, Ben or anyone else without having to worry about someone's underoos getting knotted up.

"Hey, I thought this was free!"

I have found an increasing number are hoping it is for health insurance of some kind.

I have also seen a rise in recent weeks in the number of hospice case responders who think that the government heard they were dying and wanted to help bury them. Those make me sad.

Jose stated that he doesn't get that many leads back that speak spanish. I was thinking that it would be tough in that area he is at without speaking spanish. Not that Jose is not great but it sounds like speaking spanish is helping him to a certain degree.

It definitely can’t hurt.

If a prospect can read (and fill in) a lead card written in english, doesn't it stand to reason they can also speak and understand english? Sometimes these folks act dumb about understanding english but let their guard down after a min or 2 of smiling and conversation.

I've only worked a few leads like this. If I reach a brick wall with these Sr Life replaces it at no charge.

That is the logic the mail houses use to screen out non English speakers. But it doesn’t get them all. And yes some of them fake that they don’t speak English to blow off the agent. But being able to speak Spanish just helps cut through that BS.

Is Sr Life replacing them at $27.50 per lead? Ours won’t at that price. But it’s not a big issue for most areas. If an agent has a lot of issues with it they can pay a higher lead cost and get credited for them too.

It was stated that FEX always turned away most agents in Florida, California, Georgia and Texas partly because of non english speaking leads.

How does AZ not have this problem ?

AZ (especially Phoenix) has a bunch of Hispanics. Phoenix (6th largest city in the nation) is in Maricopa County and it is has a 40% Hispanic population. I did quite well selling FE & I live in San Antonio (7th largest city in the nation) and has a 63% Hispanic population (most Hispanics of any large city). I don’t know a lick of Spanish and cannot communicate but there’s usually someone in the household that can speak English. Or you simply can team up & network with a Hispanic agent if you are desperate enough. I’ve also paid someone to go with me as a translator on several occasions. A brand new agent has recently partnered with us from Phoenix and gets about 15 leads per week and averaging 4K/week without knowing a lick of Spanish either. He’s been doing this for about a month now. Just have to get creative. Usually best to write em up using a carrier with no telephone interview. That’s “IF” you get that far with them ;)

Last edited:
It was stated that FEX always turned away most agents in Florida, California, Georgia and Texas partly because of non english speaking leads.

How does AZ not have this problem ?

Just a note: If I remember correctly you live and work in the San Jose Area. Id so, DUDE! You are in a a great area. As far a Hispanic / Mexican in that area? Many, a lot in higher wage blue and gray collar and English speaking. Many still with the Hispanic Cultural family obligations.

I have 4 South Bay deals in various stages now. Target rich environment.

Just a note: If I remember correctly you live and work in the San Jose Area. Id so, DUDE! You are in a a great area. As far a Hispanic / Mexican in that area? Many, a lot in higher wage blue and gray collar and English speaking. Many still with the Hispanic Cultural family obligations.

I have 4 South Bay deals in various stages now. Target rich environment.

Yeah I figured about 20 to 30% of FE leads come back as foreign language in this area. Mostly spanish and some vietnamese. I got a D in high school spanish. Made me wish I had focused better.

I did quite well selling FE & I live in San Antonio (7th largest city in the nation) and has a 63% Hispanic population (most Hispanics of any large city). I don’t know a lick of Spanish and cannot communicate but there’s usually someone in the household that can speak English.

Thats interesting and impressive. I was thinking you spoke some spanish.

Yeah I figured about 20 to 30% of FE leads come back as foreign language in this area. Mostly spanish and some vietnamese. I got a D in high school spanish. Made me wish I had focused better.

95% Guaranteed someone in the house speaks english. I write a lot of South East Asians and have for 20 years. I do not speak a lick of Hmong, Vietnamese, Cambodia or Laos. A couple months back I did a split deal with an East Bay agent. I called all of the guys I mentioned for a Spanish speaker. I do not remember if it was one of Ben's or Daves agents. I have her number if you need it. She is not FE only, so she can handle all of it. The thing with that market is you very well may come in to write an FE on mama and papa with a daughter as the owner. However, rarely is FE going to be appropriate for the kids and the grandkids.

SJ is definitely High FE Rent area.

I know, I know this is the Final Expense Forum. So replace the FE with SIWL. Here is my *

Back