How Much Do Agents Make?

Average Agent working 15 hours a week

1st year - $45K
2 - 5 $60K
6- 9 $80K
10+ $100k+

The problem is getting agents to work 15+ hours a week consistently for 10 or more years.

I may have to re-evaluate my decision. I thought it was 15 hours a YEAR for 10 years. I was all set to spend 75 minutes a month watching my bank balance explode.

I think it would be fair to say, althoughalmost a cliche, you get out what you put in. My first year i made just ahy of $32k. I am going on 11 years now, and have built a fairly large agency. I would be willing to share some of my insite if you want to email me. As far as the on line quotes. There has been a fair number of them lately that have poached clients info from agent sites and get the lead info, and sell it to other agents as well. We built our own.

100% depends on the niche you work, I got 2 friends who got licensed right before last obamacare oep 15', one made $20k - other $35k - just during OEP, brand new agents - that's their profit.

Average Agent working 15 hours a week 1st year - $45K 2 - 5 $60K 6- 9 $80K 10+ $100k+ The problem is getting agents to work 15+ hours a week consistently for 10 or more years.

How many policies are you selling in that 15 hr week? And where are you getting your prospects?

Average Agent working 15 hours a week

1st year - $45K
2 - 5 $60K
6- 9 $80K
10+ $100k+

The problem is getting agents to work 15+ hours a week consistently for 10 or more years.

15+ hours per week only? ****, I need to do what you do!

15+ hours per week only? ****, I need to do what you do!

Depends on how a person defines "work". No doubt some agents put in some serious hours between driving to and from appointments, spending time on the phone and doing paperwork. Then there are those who have a great system and work very efficiently and still put in 40+ hours per week. And there are those of us who worked a lot and built a nice book of business which pays renewals and we get lazy. Those are the agents who work 15 hours per week. At least for part of the year. Play time is about over for me. Once AEP and Open Enrollment for ACA get here, I'm working 60+ hours per week for about 3 months. Then it's back to play time.

One problem many of us have is we define busy work as work. Or time sitting in front of a computer goofing on the forum or getting ready for our fantasy football draft as "work". If we were honest with ourselves, there aren't many of us who work 40+ hours per week. At least not at the things that actually make us money.

Depends on how a person defines "work". No doubt some agents put in some serious hours between driving to and from appointments, spending time on the phone and doing paperwork. Then there are those who have a great system and work very efficiently and still put in 40+ hours per week. And there are those of us who worked a lot and built a nice book of business which pays renewals and we get lazy. Those are the agents who work 15 hours per week. At least for part of the year. Play time is about over for me. Once AEP and Open Enrollment for ACA get here, I'm working 60+ hours per week for about 3 months. Then it's back to play time.

One problem many of us have is we define busy work as work. Or time sitting in front of a computer goofing on the forum or getting ready for our fantasy football draft as "work". If we were honest with ourselves, there aren't many of us who work 40+ hours per week. At least not at the things that actually make us money.

You caught me red handed, that's forsure.

Back