On this subject, just talked to a guy in Philly that has an LOA contract. 50% with UHL and AmAm and 30% with Gerber. I scratched my head and said he had to be writing at least 40% with Gerber. He said it was higher than 50%.

Just having the correct carrier line up with eliminate 30% of GI. Not counting the niche ROP/Graded carriers.
I think that agent might just need better training. AmAm pays full comp on their Graded and also Modified plans. Not to mention they are very competitive there as well. That agent must be in the mode where if they don't get level he sells them GI. Not a very good strategy for the client or the agent!

I'm sure Gerber loves all his healthy GI business tho!

Correct me if I’m off here but it’s 10%/24% return of premium not the percentage of the death benefit. Transamerica graded is actually graded in Pennsylvania to if you want to pick the highest price option on the market.
Right. The 10 and 24 is ROP.

Edit: Actually it looks like it's 12% and 24% on the ROP.

United Home Life is 12%/24% years 1 and 2. In some states (PA, Kansas, Nevada, missing another) it is 30%/60% years 1 and 2. It does pay full comp and takes many conditions (even Alzheimer’s)

Put an AR in front of Kansas. It's Arkansas instead of Kansas which also does the 30%/60% of face value for years 1 and 2.

Have a good health condition cheat sheet and use high quality direct mail leads!

I'd say maybe 1/10 of the policies I write fall into a GI. I always tell our team to double check with everyone on the group chat before they write a guaranteed case for a second opinion. An agent who kicks too quickly to a GI policy on a regular basis is probably not destined to thrive for long.

Hmm...I didn’t have access to a GI company for my first 3 months in the biz. Wonder if that helped me with UW?

Back