Hows Everyone's AEP Going So Far?

insurance0707

Guru
1000 Post Club
Michigan
I've been getting calls daily from my clients and trying to help them with those **&#$@ prescription drug plans that basically suck the time right out of your day but you pretty much make no money on. It's not as bad as years past though, I have a feeling it's because most people think it starts Nov 15th

I've been getting calls daily from my clients and trying to help them with those **&#$@ prescription drug plans that basically suck the time right out of your day but you pretty much make no money on. It's not as bad as years past though, I have a feeling it's because most people think it starts Nov 15th

I avoid PDP like the plague, but so far about 80% of my clients are staying put and not moving to a new plans. I will move 20% and hope to add 5 to 10 new clients per week based on previous marketing efforts and appts from some of the carriers. So far so good.

I just tell them that their doctor has been paid by the drug companies to put them on drugs that they don't need, so therefore, they should stop taking all drugs and drop all drug plans!

We are back on the D train. Last year I guess we left $2500 min. on the table and did the work for free by not certifying. This year we carry Humana, First Health, and AARP/UHC drug plans. $2000-3000 goes a long way for our Feb/2012 two week trip to Mexico. If that FirstHealth PD Value pans out on the referral we'll make a nice check off that. IF they remember to mention my name/agent number.

Ten new clients since 10/15. Two medsupps and seven MAPDs.

Never seen a year so restrictive with marketing rules and yet so violated. The rules & regulations have bogged honest agents down.

Was going to hire an unemployed HR gal who’s depleting her 401K. Found out some CMS rule restricts her from helping the folks complete their applications unless she is licensed and certified. She’s not selling or answering benefit questions – just helping them fill out the application.

Agents who are desperate are flagrantly committing major CMS marketing violations. Taking applications pre-AEP, knocking on doors, using non-compliant mailers, and making outbound cold calls. I’ve been at two kitchen tables this AEP where the senior was cold called. One of my dementia clients is really getting hammered by door knocking and constant cold calling.

CMS seems more concerned with the professional agents. Guess honest agents are easier to find at the retail or seminar venues (time and place). Makes the Secret Shoppers job easier busting someone for not being at their booth on time or forgetting to state one of the multiple disclaimers.

This is one slow AEP!

Last edited:
I tell them to call 1-800-MEDICARE and discuss what is available with a medicare agent and give them a list of their meds. Prescription plans are dangerous if you do not get it right.

It has been a slow start by AEP standards. I wrote 7 MAs (6 after 1 canceled) and one FE this week.
My goal is is to write 50 or more apps (not including Part Ds). So, need to step it up a bit.
It's the most wonderful time of the year.

Back