Humana Pulls Plans Effective March 18th

The question is, will they be pulling them from the exchange as well? If so, the people in my area will be screwed because that leaves one carrier that has the local hospital in network. And it happens to be the most expensive carrier.

It's their "Uh oh" moment as they get final numbers.
"Uh oh, we offered to good of a network/plan, and people bought it"
I'm sure it's an effort to stem the flow, like UHC did.
Say buh bye to the off market PPO........forever.
It's also an effort to put some lipstick on the pig (pending Aetna merger)

It's not just the PPO they are pulling. They are pulling their HMO in some areas too. Things are going to be very interesting this October/November when plan designs and rates come out. And also whether or not any carrier will pay commissions.

It's not just the PPO they are pulling. They are pulling their HMO in some areas too. Things are going to be very interesting this October/November when plan designs and rates come out. And also whether or not any carrier will pay commissions.

It's not going to be interesting at all, it's going to be...over

It's not going to be interesting at all, it's going to be...over

I meant more from a consumer standpoint. Especially if one or more carriers get out of the individual business altogether. Remember, we were told this law would increase competition and reduce premiums. I know, I know, politicians will say anything. And if only people would have listened to Republicans prior to the law being passed. If it weren't such an "effing big deal" I would almost rejoice in the pain and anguish those who were for the law will be feeling.

I meant more from a consumer standpoint. Especially if one or more carriers get out of the individual business altogether. Remember, we were told this law would increase competition and reduce premiums. I know, I know, politicians will say anything. And if only people would have listened to Republicans prior to the law being passed. If it weren't such an "effing big deal" I would almost rejoice in the pain and anguish those who were for the law will be feeling.

I get emails from clients on a regular basis who are unhappy with something on their current plan and they always assume there is something else available that would be better-then I give them the short list of companies still offering plans (which went down by 25% with the Humana announcement today) and they begin to realize they have no choices.

I get emails from clients on a regular basis who are unhappy with something on their current plan and they always assume there is something else available that would be better-then I give them the short list of companies still offering plans (which went down by 25% with the Humana announcement today) and they begin to realize they have no choices.

I had a referral call me the other day wanting to change plans. When I told him he couldn't unless he had a QLE he seemed shocked. He said, "I consider myself a politically informed person and I didn't realize there is only a certain time of year to change plans".

During our conversation I gathered he was on the liberal side (just based on a few things he said) so I had a slight sense of satisfaction letting him know he was SOL thanks to the ACA and those who pushed it through.

Back