Humana Pulls Plans Effective March 18th

So it's going Piff completely?

Point is, consumer has existing plan and has an SEP. Do they get to keep their plan, paid in co insurance and so on or do they get shuffled off in confusion (Think Assurant) to the alternative carrier?

Point is, consumer has existing plan and has an SEP. Do they get to keep their plan, paid in co insurance and so on or do they get shuffled off in confusion (Think Assurant) to the alternative carrier?

It just says they are pulling the quoter from their website. It looks like you can still quote bronze. They quit paying commissions on silver and gold plans everywhere except Kentucky anyways and Colorado so why would you want to quote it.

And does anyone actually use the carriers quoting tool anyway? Business as usual, nothing to see here

It just says they are pulling the quoter from their website. It looks like you can still quote bronze. They quit paying commissions on silver and gold plans everywhere except Kentucky anyways and Colorado so why would you want to quote it.

And does anyone actually use the carriers quoting tool anyway? Business as usual, nothing to see here

That is really poor analysis, it means they are finished with the IFP business, if you can't see that then you are completely missing the boat.

SEP and they want to change the subsidy?

Or SEP and want to change plans?

I'd say yes to subsidy, no to plan changes

(But I admit, I'm guessing)

Never got the memo from my sales exec....learned it here on the forum. Humana broker support this am said they also learned about it yesterday. HC.gov and WBE's have not had time to pull all the plans off. Humana says if you select it on HC.gov, it will reject when sent down to them. Humana my #1 carrier here in Georgia.

what a mess. Glad most of my business is LTC and Medicare. :1rolleyes:

I was more referring to the cluster F#$@ with Assurant last year when they pulled plans and an SEP happens for a client who already had Assurant as a carrier.

HC.gov reps were telling clients whom had Assurant that they had to choose a new carrier. In doing so they lost the money they paid in on their deductible and MOOP.

I really doubt they are pulling plans from the exchange, not with a pending approval of their merger with Aetna, and the risk of being unable to participate in the exchange for 5 yrs if they pull out. (Ex: FL is mandating Aetna/Humana expand coverage over next few years in order to approve the merger. The Humana name may be gone, but it will just re-emerge under Aetna brand)

This is just a way to stem the flow of apps coming to them. Off market, they can do what they want.

Tkruger is right, if client had SEP while on Assurant, they were unable to pick Assurant again without going to escalation team for 3 month turnaround.

There is a difference between getting out of the business completely (Assurant), and playing games (everyone else).

There is a difference between getting out of the business completely (Assurant), and playing games (everyone else).

Yes, and your example of Assurant's SEP shut-out is one of those differences.

However, before Assurant exited the market and instituted that type of shut-out, it played these games.

Back