I'm Going to Try Cold Calling Today, is This a Decent Setup?

slushpuppyking

Guru
100+ Post Club
So cold door knocking didn't go too well for me. Wasn't a complete failure but after trying it I can definetly say I'd at least like a set appointment before knocking on someone's door ever again. Well I take that back. While I'm in the neighborhood after a bonafide appointment I wouldn't mind so much knocking on doors, but ONLY because I'm in that neighborhood because I truly did have an appointment.

I did phone sales for like 4 years back in the day so my phone voice is fine. I'm thinking for just trying it out I'll do the 15 hours with 2 or 3 lines out at salesdiales.com for $30. Not a huge investment.

15 hours is about 3 days worth of cold calling I'd guess. Can't see myself cold calling more than 5 hours a day :no:

If I see results I'll pay for the unlimited monthly deal. From what I can tell I just upload my csv file and salesdialers.com will then dial up to 3 lines at a time and connect me instantly when someone picks up.

Unless you guys say otherwise for reasons I'm not thinking of I'll go ahead and sign up.

(Brownie points and much appreciation to anyone that posts their favorite FE cold calling script) :yes:

Door knocking is definitely hard and not for everyone.

I think I'm a lot better at door knocking then picking up the phone . It's funny how that works

That's certainly a decent setup. There was some discussion recently on another board about an agent that bought a list, started dialing, and got a little flustered. He took a look at my site (Free Telemarketing Scripts For Everyone!) and although that approach has worked for some folks, it didn't work out for him, but it did give him the time to work through things and figure out an approach that worked for him as he was getting comfortable on the phone. After he got comfortable with things he ditched the scripts and started having conversations with folks and from there it worked out well for him and ended up with 3 appointments out of 4 calls on a cold list. Obviously that doesn't work for everyone, but I thought that might be helpful.

Thanks Josh appreciate it.

Maybe after a few hours on the phone I'll be dying to get back out there and do some cold door knocking haha!

If I could just get into a house and make a sale that would do wonders for my attitude right now and I'm sure be a huge booster for my drive to sell even more.

If I could do it 100% on my own I also wouldn't be looking to companies like AIL to hand hold me.

I've done sales in the past but it was all corporate stuff. I'm not going to insult you guys around here cause I know that is NOT real sales. Obviously there is a HUGE difference in being a salesmen for a company that trains you on THEIR product and all the customers are incoming compared to being an independent insurance salesmen.

If I could just get into a house and make a sale that would do wonders for my attitude right now and I'm sure be a huge booster for my drive to sell even more.

If I could do it 100% on my own I also wouldn't be looking to companies like AIL to hand hold me.

I've done sales in the past but it was all corporate stuff. I'm not going to insult you guys around here cause I know that is NOT real sales. Obviously there is a HUGE difference in being a salesmen for a company that trains you on THEIR product and all the customers are incoming compared to being an independent insurance salesmen.

I know guys that started off at AIL and went on to do very well on their own, I also know guys that have made careers at AIL. The overwhelming majority of folks that start with AIL just "can't take it", but judging from what you've been posting I think you'll find it to be a good place to learn.

maybe the phone will work a lot better for you. Its harder to read the customers but its also easier to be anyone you want. I think you might need a confidence boost. both cold calling and door 2 door are hard so dont give up. cold sales will teach you wonders about people and their personalities.

I would make 1 minor modification if i can make a suggestion I recommend that you just start with 1 phone and your list. you dont want to get flustered with people answering the phones and wasting quality answers. Take your time to learn the method become proficient then increase volume.

That's good advice. Yeah I have a large list and a skype account so that should be plenty to get me up and running while getting used to it.

maybe the phone will work a lot better for you. Its harder to read the customers but its also easier to be anyone you want. I think you might need a confidence boost. both cold calling and door 2 door are hard so dont give up. cold sales will teach you wonders about people and their personalities.

I would make 1 minor modification if i can make a suggestion I recommend that you just start with 1 phone and your list. you dont want to get flustered with people answering the phones and wasting quality answers. Take your time to learn the method become proficient then increase volume.

There are two reasons that usually works against folks:

1 - If you have to handle dial (or even copy and dial) between calls, it psyches people out.

2 - The number of times you're going to miss someone picking up because two people are picking up at the same time is negligible, but the time savings is significant.

Back