I'm Planning on Becoming an Agent.

Get your license and you will get a job from someone. It may be $35,000 a year, but it will be a job. There are loads of insurance agencies that if you have a pulse and an insurance license, they will hire you.

Beyond that, you're going to have to bust your behind and soak up a lot of rejection...way worse than the people on this forum are giving you.

Best of luck.

I’m aware of online courses and did take a few in grad school. I know I learn bstter with a real class and a real teacher.

Check out Xcel testing solutions which allows you to study on your own time that way you can study in your spare time when you are not at work or on your lunch break. It wouldn't be wise to quit your job because there are certain expenses tied to becoming an agent that you want to be able to comfortably afford. I advise all of my guys to reduce themselves to part time until they earn a steady commission so that they can transition comfortably. I hope that helped.

Check out Xcel testing solutions which allows you to study on your own time that way you can study in your spare time when you are not at work or on your lunch break. It wouldn't be wise to quit your job because there are certain expenses tied to becoming an agent that you want to be able to comfortably afford. I advise all of my guys to reduce themselves to part time until they earn a steady commission so that they can transition comfortably. I hope that helped.

Xcel is a good one for online training. It will guide you on how to pass your individual state test.

And how can you even say that? You know nothing about me other than I prefer in person classes to online classes.

It must be your default position to attack anyone who comes on here with interest in the field.

Or perhaps you are having a bad day.

"Who you are speaks so loudly that I can't hear what you're saying." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Allow me to predict your future:

http://www.insurance-forums.net/for...ions/how-handle-unhappy-customers-t74544.html

http://www.insurance-forums.net/for...iscussions/how-handle-chargebacks-t74636.html

http://www.insurance-forums.net/for...ve-do-lot-customer-service-issues-t74763.html

http://www.insurance-forums.net/for...tomers-get-nasty-demand-attention-t76504.html

Agent992 was the last agent where the board was in consensus that this agent shouldn't be in the business. I just see a lot of similarities and patterns in certain behaviors.

Of course, the whole "you can't judge me" perspective, just because I have 15 years experience in this industry and almost 10 years on this forum... I guess YOU are "different".

Prove me wrong. I've been proven wrong before, and I'm okay with it.

The good news, is if I'm wrong, you'll be successful.

If I'm right - and you find out about it early - you can get back to the job you have now that you can't afford to take time off work to study for a license in the first place.

----------

“People let little things cheat them out of big opportunities.” — Jim Rohn

"Who you are speaks so loudly that I can't hear what you're saying." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Allow me to predict your future:

Agent992 was the last agent where the board was in consensus that this agent shouldn't be in the business. I just see a lot of similarities and patterns in certain behaviors.

Of course, the whole "you can't judge me" perspective, just because I have 15 years experience in this industry and almost 10 years on this forum... I guess YOU are "different".

Prove me wrong. I've been proven wrong before, and I'm okay with it.

The good news, is if I'm wrong, you'll be successful.

If I'm right - and you find out about it early - you can get back to the job you have now that you can't afford to take time off work to study for a license in the first place.

----------

“People let little things cheat them out of big opportunities.” — Jim Rohn

Thank you for your input. I would have never thought that wanting to take the class in person vs taking it online would be a sign that I should not be in insurance. Sounds like Agent992 had the same problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've considered that though how am I supposed to take my class if i'm working full time.

How do you mean? I don't understand.

If I read your posts correctly:
you're in your 20s
you have a full time job
you live with your parents
you have an MBA
you feel it's required for you to physically attend a classroom setting to be able to pass.

=

quit your job & sponge off your parents? hmmm

If you hate your job, quit. Or need more Xbox time. or more time for leisure..... just be honest with yourself of why you want to quit your job.

15 years ago I sold cancer insurance door to door. Horrible two weeks of my life.

I have an MBA. I found the test tough. I'm in Illinois where physically going to class is required. Going to the class I felt helped me stay motivated & pass the test. why can't you work this around your current job?

do you feel like your previous posts come off as being entitled to not work & live with your parents while studying?

Is your job 80 hours a week or something like that?

Times are changing but used to be if resume showed chronologically gaps in employment employers will shy away. was he in prison? was he sick?

you end up hating insurance & now interviewing for next job.

So what did you do from Oct 2017 to April 2018?
you - I studied & passed my insurance exam while living in my parents basement.
Interviewer-oh. good job. Why aren't you still working in insurance? I was cold Telemarketing & door knocking & hated it. oh. why do you want THIS job?

Although from what I'm hearing more & more people just lie about their resumes these days.

Honestly is this real life?

Is this guy seriously asking for advice on how he can get his licensing classes out of the way?

The online courses are a complete joke. They can be done online at any hour of the day. Who in their right mind would need help with figuring this out?

And to think he is actually contemplating quitting his job just so he can have the time to get licensed.

To the OP: Do not go into insurance. You will not succeed. Stay at your job. Never go into business for yourself. Ever.

Honestly is this real life?.....
Unfortunately the answer is YES!

.....Is this guy seriously asking for advice on how he can get his licensing classes out of the way?.....
Again the answer is YES!

.....Who in their right mind would need help with figuring this out?.....
Only somebody with an MBA who is living at home and doesn't mind mom and dad paying the bill. I wonder why he wants to do insurance. You sure do not need an NBA to pursue insurance.

Honestly is this real life?

The online courses are a complete joke. They can be done online at any hour of the day. Who in their right mind would need help with figuring this out?

To the OP: Do not go into insurance. You will not succeed. Stay at your job. Never go into business for yourself. Ever.

I think this is more & more younger generations approach. I want an Uber in 1 minute or less for $5 i dont want to walk 1/8 of a mile.

But until he looks at the grass on the other side of the fence. Pretty much everyone I know has tried attending the school of hard knocks.

I found the insurance test very difficult & pretty sure I barely passed. IMO the Illinois part was much harder than the other part.

If he can still eat & have roof over his head, why not?

Back