Infofree 4000 Record Limit & Power Dialer?

Mick_Keyou

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
For all of you who use infofree (you probably have the "Classic Plan" of unlimited records), would it make sense to get a power dialer now that the limit is 4000 a month?

That would equate to 200 calls a day. Seems like that wouldn't be enough calls to warrant a dialer, but I could be wrong.

A dialer is going to help you make around twice as many calls per hour. If you're going to be spending more than a few hours a week dialing, it seems like a no-brainer. There are a number of reasons why a dialer makes sense, but the bottom line is what is your time worth? Does the cost of a dialer justify you spending an extra X number of hours a week dialing to get the same amount of work done? If you take 10 hours a week dialing and then go on a dialer, over the course of a month you'll be 40 hours ahead. That's an entire week of full-time dialing you picked up for the cost of a dialer. That's the math.

Let's look at this from extremes. If you are hand-dialing 4,000 names per month that is roughly 133 hours of dialing during your 8-10 hour work day. If you're hand-dialing 30 names a day each day that is one hour a day or 20 hours a month. With a dialer you can make those same 30 calls in five minutes. If you can't justify the cost of a multi-line dialer you can get a single line dialer or an hourly dialer very inexpensively and it will pay for itself in no time. Personally, I would rather have my fingernails pulled out with pliers than go back to hand-dialing. Good luck!

Let's look at this from extremes. If you are hand-dialing 4,000 names per month that is roughly 133 hours of dialing during your 8-10 hour work day. If you're hand-dialing 30 names a day each day that is one hour a day or 20 hours a month. With a dialer you can make those same 30 calls in five minutes. If you can't justify the cost of a multi-line dialer you can get a single line dialer or an hourly dialer very inexpensively and it will pay for itself in no time. Personally, I would rather have my fingernails pulled out with pliers than go back to hand-dialing. Good luck!

30 calls in 5 minutes? The ones I've used don't call that fast....

A 4-line dialer will average 400 dials per hour...6 calls per minute...6 X 5 minutes = 30 calls. Five minutes give or take a few, but keep in mind this is "dialing" time and this time will be longer as the dialer pauses when you get a live caller.

Okay, so now lets look at the math behind the math.... just to have some fun.

I can dial by hand for an hour, make 30 calls, talk to nobody.
I can pay $100+, dial for 5 minutes, talk to nobody.

Or, I can take the day off since I wasn't going to talk to anyone anyway.

I'll take the last option :)

Dan

djs said:

Dan

Now your just making things...Yes you can dial by hand for an hour and not talk to someone and dial the same people in 5 minutes and not talk to anyone but that allows your dialer dial 11 times more people in the rest of the hour getting you someone to talk with.

Dan
I like your math. My wife, on the otherhand may tell me to go knock on some doors, but that's a whole different story.

Too funny djs. Let's look at the math behind the math of the math. If it takes you one hour to dial 30 people and you have a single line dialer you can dial an average of 100 people i.e. better odds of talking to someone. Day off sounds pretty good to me, too.

Back