Insurance Agent Websites

I used Yahoo Small Business to do my website design, hosting and email management. Its pretty cheap, not sure how much, cause its not even enough to really notice coming out each month. haha. I have had my site up for a few weeks now, and am getting pretty good traffic and interest.

As far as driving traffic to your site, and getting good SEO, I would say to start writing about what you know, and submit those articles to about 5 of the top article submission sites. It will take a little while to see the results, but you will get better search rankings, because each article you write will have a link back to your site, and before you know it, you will have hundreds of link backs, raising your ranking tremendously.

The articles bring good traffic too, I have had several other websites, and companies use my articles in their newsletters, which in return upped my traffic with a very well qualified audience.

I know you probably can't post links yet, but type out (in words) the address of your site. Most of the Yahoo business sites I've ever seen look pretty simple, but I've never seen an insurance one before. You say you're getting traffic? That's really good. How many visitors do you average each month?

I am working on a new layout right now, but here is how it has been for the past couple weeks its been live.
www TheSalaryGuard.com

I have only had the site active for about 3 weeks, but am averaging about 50-60 unique visitors a day. (not hits, but visitors, hits are from about 70-130 a day)

Its a pretty basic site, and that is part of my problem right now. my conversions are pretty low for what they should be with this traffic. So i'm re-designing the site now, and should have it launched by monday.

Wow - 50 a day is good if they are all different visitors. Where is the traffic coming from? I looked at your site, and it really doesn't look too much like a template - so great job hiding that! My only suggestion is to not have that green button in the middle of the screen. It almost looks like a banner ad (Which people don't generally like) and kind of steals attention. If you don't want to get rid of it, i would at least link it to something so if someone clicks on it, it takes them to another one of your pages.

most are from the links at the end of the articles I write and submit to article submission sites. others are views from forums I post in, or other search engine searches.

I started my site originally with a yahoo template, then did away with that due to the terrible conversion rate I was getting. I will revise the home page on this site, as soon as the info on my new product is released for sale.

Also, make sure you take full advantage of all the Google tools that they offer for setting up your site on their search engine. Submitting sitemaps and everything like that will deffinatly help your rankings with google.

those are good, also ezinearticles.com, articlemark.org, articlebase.com, searchwarp.com and ideamarketers.com.

They seem to get pretty good article views and url clicks.

I just need to increase my conversion rates now.

if you are serious, and beleive me i have spent alot more trying to do this on my own than these guys charge, they are building a new sight for me now and i am very pleased.

email this guy for information on his website designs, they won't let me post his url
[email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]

tell him you want a program like he is working up for me, tommy miles form mroton, ms

I just need to increase my conversion rates now.

Your home page looks good, but it doesn't close!

Closing in this context doesn't necessarily mean making the sale.

Suggestions:
  1. Ask yourself what you want your visitors to do.
    • Complete my questionnaire to request information -- #1 for my site
    • Call me -- #2 for my site
  2. Make it easy for them to do the top two things relevant to your site and business model!
  • The link to your questionnaire or sign up form should be prominently displayed in the body of the document and in the menu links on the top and/or bottom.
  • Your phone number should be prominently displayed in 2 or 3 different places.
If you don't make enough profit per sale to justify calling your prospects, you will need to do things a little differently than I do. However, your site had no clear call to action on the home page.

SEO Tips

Your title tag shouldn't be more than 72 characters. Right now it is 95.

Google displays about 68; Yahoo displays about 69; MSN displays about 72.

Your meta description is 260 characters long. It should be 174 or less. Google displays about 154; Yahoo displays about 167; MSN displays about 174.

Both your title tag and meta descriptions should contain the words you expect that people will type into a search box to find what you have to sell. As a general rule including your company name is a waste of characters.

Good luck,

Alston,
Thanks, its good to get reviews from someone farther away from the project. I have been looking at this stuff so much, that I miss the obvious things now. Or someone I know looks at it, and says, "that looks nice, or that looks good" with no real advice on making things better.

Thanks for the help so far. I'll work on a call to action and get that up there quickly.

I didn't want to start a new thread, so I'll ask this question now, since we are talking about SEO.

How important is "PageRank"? I notice my site has the worst rating (1). What do I have to do to move it up? And does a low number hurt you?

Back