insurance career other than final expense

twmack1012

Hello everyone. I'm looking to utilize my life and health license here in Florida on the life business doing something other than door knocking leads in the Final Expense industry. I repeat, I do not want to work in final expense. Any advice would be welcome. Thank you

Asking a few very honest questions.

• Do you not enjoy meeting new people?
  • Do you not enjoy rejection?
  • Do you not enjoy needing to be bold and lead a conversation?
  • Do you not enjoy building trust?
Final expense sales can be a grind, but often the same qualities that make a good FE guy, are the same ones that make an insurance producer of any sort a success.

Maybe you don't like old people. There was a time in my career I hated to knock on the door with the concrete goose on the front porch. :laugh::yes:

Hello everyone. I'm looking to utilize my life and health license here in Florida on the life business doing something other than door knocking leads in the Final Expense industry. I repeat, I do not want to work in final expense. Any advice would be welcome. Thank you
Don't know where your interest lies but I have long said if I had it to do over again, I would specialize in cancer insurance. 1) everyone from 18-85w ho has not had cancer in the last 5 years is a possible prospect. 2)Pays very good 1st year commission for a health product 2) Lifetime renewals in the 10%+ range 3) excellent long-term persistency. Not uncommon for plans to stay on the books 20+ years. 4) ideal prospect is in. the 40s so they tend to have many more years to pay than seniors. 5) Simple product, easy to learn and present. Had friend that years ago cold called small business.. not to write payroll but individuals plans on the owners and employees. His mantra was one in the morning, one in the afternoon. He pretty well averaged that. 10 applications per week. Today that would be $4000-$6000 per week average premium.

Last edited:
Are the questions that you ask here a life lesson? Is there a point to them? To answer your questions...I DO enjoy meeting new people. Don't care about rejection, if in sales, that comes with the territory. I have sold timeshare for the last 8 years so being bold and leading conversations is all I do. And AGAIN, in sales if you cant build trust then don't work in sales. So not really sure of the point to your questions. I've been in sales for quite awhile now and don't like driving all around town wasting gas and miles and wear and tear on my vehicle, knocking on doors in undesirable neighborhoods with no idea if the potential client is home or even interested or will even answer the door to let a stranger in. I also don't like spending money on so called "exclusive leads", especially when the client has contacted several carriers or marketing organizations and have no idea who may show up to their home. I actually find your post quite offensive. I don't mind working with senior clients. Is there anything else that I can answer for you? Not sure why everything in life insurance seems to go back to final expense? Its a simple ask. I just want to work in life insurance but not final expense

Are the questions that you ask here a life lesson? Is there a point to them? To answer your questions...I DO enjoy meeting new people. Don't care about rejection, if in sales, that comes with the territory. I have sold timeshare for the last 8 years so being bold and leading conversations is all I do. And AGAIN, in sales if you cant build trust then don't work in sales. So not really sure of the point to your questions. I've been in sales for quite awhile now and don't like driving all around town wasting gas and miles and wear and tear on my vehicle, knocking on doors in undesirable neighborhoods with no idea if the potential client is home or even interested or will even answer the door to let a stranger in. I also don't like spending money on so called "exclusive leads", especially when the client has contacted several carriers or marketing organizations and have no idea who may show up to their home. I actually find your post quite offensive. I don't mind working with senior clients. Is there anything else that I can answer for you? Not sure why everything in life insurance seems to go back to final expense? Its a simple ask. I just want to work in life insurance but not final expense
What about Term and Annuities?

If you are offended by the advice given here, you are not a good fit for selling life insurance. It would not matter if you move from FE world to High Net worth world.Or annuities or other types of insurance. Lots of other sales fields where you would be more happy.

Medicare is a very popular one.
Question though, most of the top FE agents call their leads and set appointments rather than door knock all of them. Did you ever give that a try?

Life Insurance (non-FE) (I have never knocked on a door to sell life insurance)
Disability Insurance
Long Term Care Insurance
Group Benefits
Med Sups
Annuities
Individual Health

I would try to hook up with a career shop for the training.
You may want to go independent after a while but it is a good way to start..IMO.
What part of Florida are you in?
"Final expense sales can be a grind, but often the same qualities that make a good FE guy, are the same ones that make an insurance producer of any sort a success."
Very true!

If you are offended by the advice given here, you are not a good fit for selling life insurance. It would not matter if you move from FE world to High Net worth world.Or annuities or other types of insurance. Lots of other sales fields where you would be more happy.
I find it amazing that all I said was that I don't want to do final expense. Thanks for the advise on "other sales fields" lol...very nice. its not the advise given that I'm offended by its people like you who have no idea who you talk to you just troll people and leave remarks that make no sense. I dont door knock people who have no idea who I am just showing up to their house unannounced. If you do and are successful great, Good for you!

Back