Insurance State Exam

Where did the OP go?

Maybe he/she couldnt figure out how to log in again!

Hey OP if you are still out there maybe you should let us know where you are struggling. Have you fully read and studied the material? Do you take practice tests after each and every chapter? You may be rushing the process a little but you can do it if you want to do so.

I am actually willing to dispute that, as someone who didn't graduate all that long ago, and who, for the most part, got a really nice GPA.

Unless you were doing the state AP English test your senior year. Or going to an insane private school. That statement is a little ridiculous.

I graduated in the mid 80's, before computers. Back when ya actually had to open a book and do research.. back when you had to pick up a pen and actually "write" an essay.. back when ya had to actually figure out answers to quadratic formulas without a calculator

Computers and "information and your fingertips" is the reason we see the "Dumbing down of America"

We're a lazy country. You see it here..... Write policies in your pajamas.. Never leave your home again!!!

Slow down, read the book, grab a highlighter, make notes, practice some questions before you take the test, if you're unsure of something.. LOOK IT UP!

Some people have reading problems like deslexia etc. I have a problem with comprehension, that is the reason I have to study two or three times harder than someone else. When I do get it all down, it pretty well stays with me from then on. I did pass my test the first time, but it took a lot of hard studying.

I graduated in the mid 80's, before computers. Back when ya actually had to open a book and do research.. back when you had to pick up a pen and actually "write" an essay.. back when ya had to actually figure out answers to quadratic formulas without a calculator

Computers and "information and your fingertips" is the reason we see the "Dumbing down of America"

We're a lazy country. You see it here..... Write policies in your pajamas.. Never leave your home again!!!

Slow down, read the book, grab a highlighter, make notes, practice some questions before you take the test, if you're unsure of something.. LOOK IT UP!

Very well said!

The most common reason I have found for people taking the test and failing is that they don't take time to read the question. They scan the question and pick the answer that looks correct. It is usually the wrong answer.

The tests are not difficult, they are tricky. The person should read the question and then look at the answers. Usually two of the answers can immediately be eliminated. It's the remaining two that trip people up.

So, read the question and look at the answers. Read it a second time word for word and again look at the answers. Read the question word for word a third time, then select the answer.

There is no prize for completing the test in record time.

I am actually willing to dispute that, as someone who didn't graduate all that long ago, and who, for the most part, got a really nice GPA.

Unless you were doing the state AP English test your senior year. Or going to an insane private school. That statement is a little ridiculous.

I taught high school for many years before taking the insurance exam and I can tell you there weren't many teachers that made tests easier than the insurance exam. The only thing that might throw you off is taking it on the computer. Keep in mind that almost any test is hard if you don't know what the hell the subject matter is about, but the insurance exam is largely common sense.

Some people have reading problems like deslexia etc. I have a problem with comprehension, that is the reason I have to study two or three times harder than someone else. When I do get it all down, it pretty well stays with me from then on. I did pass my test the first time, but it took a lot of hard studying.

While I sympathize with, and respect anyone who has a learning disability that have worked to overcome, that is not the problem here.

The two biggest "learning disabilities" in America are laziness, and a lack of respect for knowledge. Children are not taught to value knowledge and education by their parents and family. Secondly, our education system has evolved into one that mainly serves to warehouse children and promote them on to the next grade. You can argue all day long that there are teachers and administrators that care and want the children to learn and succeed. There are plenty of them, but they are fighting the system and are losing the battle.

WOW! The way the mid 80's sound somebody like me who graduated in 1970 is really ancient. Back in my day you learned to use a slide rule.

Back