Is it seriously Possible to be a Part-Time Agent

I was basically referring to some company have same day advances. I know LH does it. You submit the app and you get an advance which I assume is a loan basically until it is approved.

I feel like that is a REALLY easy way to get vectored...

But how long does it take for a carrier to pay you.?

Yeah I wouldn’t do that. I don’t do a ton of FE but they seems to get approved in 4-5 days and paid the next week. So maybe 10-14 days when you submit. Maybe less for others.

But how long does it take for a carrier to pay you.?

Some carriers pay within 1 to 3 days, e.g. MOO, RNA, LBL. While others do not pay until the bank draft date of the policy, e.g. Family Benefit, Transamerica. So it dependes upon the carrier, and of course, the advance arrangement you have with that carrier through your IMO.

If you get a charge back, you can either pay it back, or write enough new business with that carrier to cover your debt. I have done it both ways. I prefer to write new business, but sometimes I just want to get the carrier off my back, so I'll stroke a check.

Some carriers pay within 1 to 3 days, e.g. MOO, RNA, LBL. While others do not pay until the bank draft date of the policy, e.g. Family Benefit, Transamerica. So it dependes upon the carrier, and of course, the advance arrangement you have with that carrier through your IMO.

If you get a charge back, you can either pay it back, or write enough new business with that carrier to cover your debt. I have done it both ways. I prefer to write new business, but sometimes I just want to get the carrier off my back, so I'll stroke a check.

So for chargebacks you can actually just write a personal check out to the carrier. Lol

I usually take 10 leads on a route, and if I do get to the last door, I go back to the first door of the day and start over. This works because someone not home at 9 AM is often found home at 1 PM or 4:30PM. I use mapmycustomers and some days when I am in one of the three cities I work, there may be as little as a minute or 2 between my doors (I have had a few were I was able to walk three DM lead cars and I let my car stay parked). But when I get out in the boonies, especially up in the mountains north of me, it is not unusual to have 5 to 15 minutes, and occasionally up to 30 minutes between some stops. Throw in a sit or two or three, a MOO iGO eApp with phone interview, and 10 to 12 doors in a day is a reasonable route.

There were a few days last month were I went cold knocking with my mailing list on my iPad - and brother, I knocked some doors that day! But I had blocks were there were 5 or 6 mail card recipients on the same side of the street. One day I finished with two sales on about fifty-three unique door knocks.

So are they all in different zip codes? Probably the key to knocking leads is not only order by zip code, but to also order the zip codes in a planned order. They won't all come in the same week of course, but it assures the stack for the day will be all be neighboring, so you're only working a particular small pocket of a county in any given day. A UPS driver hits over 200 stops a day. :1wink:

I usually take 10 leads on a route, and if I do get to the last door, I go back to the first door of the day and start over. This works because someone not home at 9 AM is often found home at 1 PM or 4:30PM. I use mapmycustomers and some days when I am in one of the three cities I work, there may be as little as a minute or 2 between my doors (I have had a few were I was able to walk three DM lead cars and I let my car stay parked). But when I get out in the boonies, especially up in the mountains north of me, it is not unusual to have 5 to 15 minutes, and occasionally up to 30 minutes between some stops. Throw in a sit or two or three, a MOO iGO eApp with phone interview, and 10 to 12 doors in a day is a reasonable route.

There were a few days last month were I went cold knocking with my mailing list on my iPad - and brother, I knocked some doors that day! But I had blocks were there were 5 or 6 mail card recipients on the same side of the street. One day I finished with two sales on about fifty-three unique door knocks.

As time goes on, if you keep track of door knocks to AP you will find something very amazing. Most folks don't track this one and have know idea how valuable of a number it is to know.

Think about it... if you knew that every door you knocked on if they bought or not was worth $75 to $150... now how would you feel about knocking doors. :yes:

. A UPS driver hits over 200 stops a day. :1wink:

UPS dropped a new iPhone off for my son tonight. I happened to be out in the front yard when he was coming down my street. On my street alone from the vantage point of my front yard I counted five stops for him - took all of about a minute and a half. He then turned left at the end of my street to keep delivering in my neighborhood. If my leads were all that close together, I could knock 200 doors per day too!

As time goes on, if you keep track of door knocks to AP you will find something very amazing. Most folks don't track this one and have know idea how valuable of a number it is to know.

Think about it... if you knew that every door you knocked on if they bought or not was worth $75 to $150... now how would you feel about knocking doors. :yes:

I have made it no secret - I love knocking doors :jiggy:

Latest posts

Back