Is it seriously Possible to be a Part-Time Agent

Toolboy...I like that. :laugh:

I don't think LifeHawk was banging his head against the wall from talking to toolboi, because he has toolboy on ignore.

I think he was banging his head against the wall while he was impatiently waiting for his 1st cup of the day to get brewed. :yes:

I guess that if you bang your head against the wall long enough it'll knock something loose....even hair.
Its hard to lose weight hanging out in food courts recruiting downlines for an MLM. And coffee is never an issue at Starbucks, the MLM office of choice. Their coffee is served 3 x 3, wide and deep, with just a hint of tap rooting.

Lol, I know there home but I meant people I know who have done well have a better rate of the customer actually opening the door during the day and on saturdays.

when it comes to the senior market generally (and its just my experience..one lone fe guy)
it doesn't matter what time you go to their house especially if you're scheduling appts
now if you're doing mortgage protection I'd say there are certain times of the day that are better than others... like the evening to late evening for MP agents are the best because their clientele still works. the fe crowd is usually sitting on their porch happy that anyone comes up to chat with them...

when it comes to the senior market generally (and its just my experience..one lone fe guy) it doesn't matter what time you go to their house especially if you're scheduling appts.

My experience over the last eight months with DM and some FB leads:

Appointments set for the next day, or set on Saturday for Monday have a very high sit rate.

Appointments set for more than one day out, or set on Saturday for a Tuesday have a 50/50 sit to no show rate.

Door knocking - the majority of doors that open become a sit. Most become an instant appointment. A few become an appointment for the next day or two. Those appointments, set F2F at the door, have a very high sit rate for me. These are door knocks with leads, and not cold knocks.

The only reason I still try to set appointments is that door knocking leads during the day can be a crapshoot. Take a day like yesterday, for example: I typically set a route each day of 10 to 12 leads. I knock the route all the way through and then start again, and keep knocking until whatever quitting time is that day. Yesterday, I had my first knock at 9AM, last knock at 6:30PM. I had two doors open, one sit, no sale. I have also had days where the first three doors open, three sits, six sales. I do try to make sure I stop and knock at least ten doors before I call it a day.

Unfortunately, days like yesterday are more common for me than the latter - which is why I find myself working 5 days per week plus on the phone Saturday instead the dream six figures in two or three days we read about.

I am considering changing it up a bit: I really am considering taking my new leads and door knocking them Saturday and Sunday, and then go back to calling through them Monday to set appointments for Tuesday. During the week, a lot of FE folks in my area who are healthy enough to work are still working - even well into their 70’s.

I love door knocking.

How long does it take for the carrier to pay you, I know some have same day advances. I feel like that is a recipe for disaster, what if the policy get declined and you have to spend the money to keep on more leads or something, then you get chargeback.

The only reason I still try to set appointments is that door knocking leads during the day can be a crapshoot. Take a day like yesterday, for example: I typically set a route each day of 10 to 12 leads. I knock the route all the way through and then start again, and keep knocking until whatever quitting time is that day. Yesterday, I had my first knock at 9AM, last knock at 6:30PM. I had two doors open, one sit, no sale. I have also had days where the first three doors open, three sits, six sales. I do try to make sure I stop and knock at least ten doors before I call it a day.

Just curious, but on average, how far away are your doors from each other? Do you order by zip code or by county? And do you use a route optimization planner? I can't imagine it taking 570 minutes to knock 10-12 leads unless you're knocking each one 10 times and preparing their bacon meal. :tongue:

Just curious, but on average, how far away are your doors from each other? Do you order by zip code or by county? And do you use a route optimization planner? I can't imagine it taking 570 minutes to knock 10-12 leads unless you're knocking each one 10 times and preparing their bacon meal. :tongue:

I usually take 10 leads on a route, and if I do get to the last door, I go back to the first door of the day and start over. This works because someone not home at 9 AM is often found home at 1 PM or 4:30PM. I use mapmycustomers and some days when I am in one of the three cities I work, there may be as little as a minute or 2 between my doors (I have had a few were I was able to walk three DM lead cars and I let my car stay parked). But when I get out in the boonies, especially up in the mountains north of me, it is not unusual to have 5 to 15 minutes, and occasionally up to 30 minutes between some stops. Throw in a sit or two or three, a MOO iGO eApp with phone interview, and 10 to 12 doors in a day is a reasonable route.

There were a few days last month were I went cold knocking with my mailing list on my iPad - and brother, I knocked some doors that day! But I had blocks were there were 5 or 6 mail card recipients on the same side of the street. One day I finished with two sales on about fifty-three unique door knocks.

How long does it take for the carrier to pay you, I know some have same day advances. I feel like that is a recipe for disaster, what if the policy get declined and you have to spend the money to keep on more leads or something, then you get chargeback.

I’ve never seen a company pay you on the same day you write the policy. Same day as approval and paid? Ok.

I’ve never seen a company pay you on the same day you write the policy. Same day as approval and paid? Ok.

I think he is talking about paid on submission. Some companies used to do that, I think. Seems like it would be a problem unless you had really sticky business. Not sure how you could do that running stranger leads. Maybe real small premium "affordable" FE.

I was basically referring to some company have same day advances. I know LH does it. You submit the app and you get an advance which I assume is a loan basically until it is approved.

I feel like that is a REALLY easy way to get vectored...

But how long does it take for a carrier to pay you.?

Back