Is Plan N Worth the risk?

Tell me again why you didn't buy F or G???

Call the carrier. Find out why they allowed 2 claims with the same date of service, procedure and diagnosis claims to process, instead of rejecting one of them for duplicate.

If that doesn't work, call Medicare.

If they both think you owe it, call the provider for an explanation.

And for the record, this is why I sell G almost exclusively. You can deal with this. But what about at age 90? 95? While dealing with a serious illness?

I got a paper MSN today showing the two claims.

According to Medicare, they cannot give either me or the MediGap carrier copies of electronic adjustments to my account.

According to Medicare, they cannot provide the MediGap carrier with subsequent revisions to the initial processing of a claim.

So: a) neither Medico nor I have/had any way to know that Medicare credited a claim on my account on January 19th and that what Medico (and Medicare MSN's) shows as the first claim is no longer in existence.

b) since the claim revisions were processed improperly by Medicare when they first opened the second revised claim, Medico has/had no way to know that the expected policy holder liabilities they show on the second claim are incorrect.

Its $50-60 less per month in fl for a plan N vs F. I talk to my N clients every year and I don’t think I’ve heard of anyone spending more than $200-300 in copays.
I just make sure they know the possibilities but I’m only educating

Latest posts

Back