Is There Such A Thing As Email-To-Fax Software?

Can you port fax numbers from one service to another? I use E-fax, but it is creating issues with the server. However, all my small group clients fax forms to that number and it would be a pain to change.
Don't count on porting. I had an account with MyFax for years and decided to move to RingCentral because of ongoing technical issues with MyFax. MyFax could have ported the number but refused.

To the OP, if you can fax an app to a home office, that same company probably can take an app as a pdf attached to an email without having to fax. Ask about it.

Last edited:
Don't count on porting. I had an account with MyFax for years and decided to move to RingCentral because of ongoing technical issues with MyFax. MyFax could have ported the number but refused.

To the OP, if you can fax an app to a home office, that same company probably can take an app as a pdf attached to an email without having to fax. Ask about it.

I would stay clear of MYFAX.

I too use Ring Central. I have my local number and 800 number with them. Bit of a learning curve but never had a problem in several years. I have a Cisco modem that lets me use the regular office phones like it's a land line.

Last edited:
I would stay clear of MYFAX.

I too use Ring Central. I have my local number and 800 number with them. Bit of a learning curve but never had a problem in several years. I have a Cisco modem that lets me use the regular office phones like it's a land line.

Really? My fax is the only online fax that has worked for me and I tested about five of them. What don't you like about them?

I've been using TrustFax for a few years with no complaints. I must admit that I have not used any of the other services but then agian, I rarely use TrustFax.

Really? My fax is the only online fax that has worked for me and I tested about five of them. What don't you like about them?
The last straw for me was a 60-page scanned-to-pdf that MyFax just could not render and fax.

RingCentral had no problems with it.

At that time MF had changed ownership 2 or 3 times and I was always running into downtime and buffering issues. It would take hours for people to actually get the fax after I sent it.

Thing is, I hardly fax at all any more, but for $8 a month I feel like I need to have it just in case.

FWIW here are some additional providers to consider when looking to email-to-fax and/or ditch your fax machine to save time and money.

PamFax -- I like their:
  • integration with cloud services like Dropbox, Box, Google Drive and SkyDrive
  • app's availability on the web, Windows, OS X, iPhone/iPad, Android and Blackberry 10/Playbook
  • add-ons for Outlook and Zimbra email clients
  • 'credit pack' model that is basically a pay as you go approach, because I don't send or receive many faxes at all.
  • no credit card signup for trial
  • pamfax dot biz for more info
HelloFax -- basically the main reasons to use their service are:
  • if you are heavily into Gmail and want to integrate fax and sign into your Gmail process
  • want an affordable ($9.99 per month) plan and want to use an existing number
  • want integration with cloud services Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, SkyDrive and/or Evernote
  • hellofax dot com for more info
GinzaFax -- like HelloFax in that it is heavily aimed at Gmail users, even more so in fact, but with fewer features. Starts at $4.99 per month. GinzaFax dot com for more info

Back