It's doorhanger season!

I've still have a couple of boxes of door hangers to put on door when the weather gets better.

The wife and love to go walking and she wants us to exercise more, so why not try make money and exercise at the same time.

I will not mind spending a hour a day in the summer time placing door hangers on doors myself.

Sooner or later, I bound to get a new client from it.

Yes, there will be tons of people that trash them, or even cuss at me, but it only takes one person to want a quote or to buy the insurance to make me happy.

I've spent $440 on a 1,000 mailings before and didn't get any results. So $299 for 10,000 door hangers sounds good to me.

If I only sold 1 out of 500 doorhangers I would be happy.
If I don't sell anything, I'm still getting out and trying something instead of staying home doing nothing. I know it's a numbers game. I'm willing to play the game. I personally do a ton of different things. I'm like a fisherman, always changing locations and bait. To be successful in this business, you can't be afraid to try something or to fail.

I just don't mind spending an hour a day, in warm weather walking around placing door hangers on doors.

I personally do a ton of different things. I'm like a fisherman, always changing locations and bait. To be successful in this business, you can't be afraid to try something or to fail.

How very true. As a corollary to that, you may fail by trying nothing. It seems that is a good way to fail in this business. Worry about what won't work, or spend to much money on schemes, as I've read that others have done.

Excellent post.

I had some good luck this past weekend with what I guess you could call door hangers.

I had some coolie cups left over from a golf tourny I co-sponsored last Spring. They sat in the office all year collecting dust and then we had a warm day last weekend, so I stuffed them with a rolled up fyler about COBRA Alternative. Went to a local park and stuffed them in the door handles of cars. 85 coolie cups later...I got three calls and two sales this week for 45 minutes of walking through a park on a beautiful day. Is there a better way to make money in this business?

Gotta mix it up!!!

I get more results from people seeing me place the door hanger on their door and ask me what I"m doing then just leaving it on the door. I simply tell them that I didnt want to bother them and that I know their time is important to them but I wanted to see if I could offer my services to them.

Mark, how much business do you write off of your doorhangers? How much money, time and effort are you putting into placing doorhangers, and what type of business do you generally write because of doorhangers?

Back